Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[SFV]zerk

Screaming for Vengeance Multi Game Clan

Hello, from the CEO of Clan SFV, or Screaming for Vengeance. We are a large (100+ members) clan with mutliple games that are active on our list, 8 as of now. We are a very determined, dedicated, mature, and fun loving clan.

Some of what we are about :
We are a multi-platform battle clan that is continually seeking to accept people that not only possess a high level of skill in gaming, but also possess a high level of decency and a willingness to become a positive influence in our community. Yes, this is a community. It is not simply a “battle clan.” Our motto: United, unyielding and unmerciful against the unfaithful; is based upon our history and beliefs. Our clan is based on high morals and great honor. We will not accept any member who is unwilling to play fairly, not follow clan rules, and not help SFV grow. This clan is made for the members by the members. Because of this, it is the members who are the most important thing SFV has.

Active Games:

Americas Army
Battle Field: Vietnam
Counter Strike
Renegade
Unreal Tournament 2004
WarCraft: III
Wolfenstein: ET
Zero Hour

We are very well structured and organized. We plan on entering Doom and are doing some out of game prepwork. If you think you want to join SFV please make sure you meet the requirements:

At least 12 years of age
Are willing to be active on a forum ***
You must be willing stay active on your game
You understand that this is a commitment

We do require forum use, our forumis very active and not boring, so that is not an issue.

If you think you are interested in joining us in Doom 3 and/or any other games, check our site out at clansfv.com - The Recruitment Page.

Thanks,
zerk
CEO Of SFV
Founder of gamersunion.org

I've never been much of a team player. I'm not sure how well Doom 3 will hold up for clan games, especially if you have more than two members for a two-on-two team DM. You'd have to pick and choose which members to send in for the match, and that could get ugly (flamewars and the like - "Dude, why the **** didn't you pick me? I coulda creamed those sorry ****s!").

Just my two cents.

[SFV]zerk said:
Problem?

Yeah, you're looking in the wrong place for clan activity. "Clans" aren't looked highly upon here, just so you know for future reference. As a matter of fact, people that make threads exactly like the one you made we usually make fun of for taking it so serious and acting like any of us are supposed to care about some stupid clan or something.

[SFV]zerk said:
Problem?

Not at all. Just expressing my surprise that it took this long for a clan to advertise here.

WildWeasel said:

I'm not sure how well Doom 3 will hold up for clan games, especially if you have more than two members for a two-on-two team DM. You'd have to pick and choose which members to send in for the match, and that could get ugly (flamewars and the like - "Dude, why the **** didn't you pick me? I coulda creamed those sorry ****s!").

You need to do that, to a certain degree, with any game.

You have NO idea how much trouble it is to find matches for some games... In renegade we have more than 30 skilled members and everyone wants to be in the match, so we try to rotate the players in and out. Half the time the people schedualled don't even show up so we have to sub them and then the next day they complain when they aren't on the roster for the next match.

It's a pain in the arse, but this clan is really good. Some games in SFV choose to be more friendly communities than battle clan games, you can always choose not to play clan games if you like too. Either way, its always fun.

What server do ya'll play ET on? Give me an IP, I'll stop buy and administer some beatings.

-E

62.93.241.146:27960 is the IP unless is changed recently, which it may have b/c I believe it went down... Who knows. We update info as best we can but it gets complex after a while.

Clans are fucking gay anyway, cause that is just what I want everytime I play doom3, is a person yelling at me for not being apart of the forum.

I don't see that this is doing any harm. It's not off-topic (if they're serious about playing Doom3), and [SFV]zerk isn't being inflammatory or aggressive (unlike some of those who have responded... :( ).

Imp said:

Spam

Why? I don't even see post counts on this forum so in no way am I posting junk to raise that. I didn't see rules when I check to forbid this. It isn't 'garbage' or useless info IMO since it deals with gaming in every aspect, including D3.

Goliath said:

Clans are fucking gay anyway, cause that is just what I want everytime I play doom3, is a person yelling at me for not being apart of the forum.

You obviously don't want to do that, so don't join a clan problem solved. The lack of maturity shown here wouldn't even allow you in this clan reguardless, no pun intended, of course. Also, please explain how a clan can be gay? That word is so misused and mistreated.

Grazza said:

I don't see that this is doing any harm. It's not off-topic (if they're serious about playing Doom3), and [SFV]zerk isn't being inflammatory or aggressive (unlike some of those who have responded... :( ).

Thank you. They say clans are 'gay' or retarded when they post the negative remarks. It only makes them look like a kid, which is fine by me for the MOST part as I choose to ignore it.

So far as I see it there is nothing wrongs with clans in general. I have seen some good clans with nice members... and I have also seen the other end of the spectrum. And I personally have seen nothing so far to suggest that there is any problem with the clan in question. Besides, clan members offer a better challenge than most (though definately not all) non-clan-affiliated players. (I really miss playing against the guys from RA and S.S...)

As to the issue of posting a clan advertizement, so what? I see nothing wrong with that either. Though I am not the type to be part of a clan, there may be some people here who are and I don't see why they should be denied any chance of knowing that a clan they might wish to join is out there. Just because you may not be interrested doesn't mean everyone else will feel the same way.

To [SFV]zerk: When the game is out and you have situated enough players for it, please post what servers you guys play on. I doubt I'm the only one here who would show up for a round or two.

[SFV]zerk said:
Why? I don't even see post counts on this forum so in no way am I posting junk to raise that.

Highlight under your name.

Oh great, here we go..

Maybe there should be a script to instantly ban anyone with [LOLCLAN] or whatever in front of thier name

Why does everyone have something against clans? Admittedly there are some really retarded clans out there that exist for the sole purpose of cheating/hacking, but theyre just dumbasses. For the most part clans are decent, and a good way to ensure you get to play decent matches against other decent people.

Seriously I think the reason people hate 'clans' so much is because of the one or two retards that take things way too seriously and spam with things like "MY CLANS OWNZ ALL OTHER CLANS" and stuff. They see a couple of jerks with clan tags in their nicks acting like dumbasses and think "omg clans must suck".

I don't doubt that clans are great, it's just that i've had enough bad clan experiences (back in the days of good ol' Quake II) to put me off them for some time. It only takes one arsehole to start the shit flying.

deathbringer said:

Maybe there should be a script to instantly ban anyone with [LOLCLAN] or whatever in front of thier name

OK, I'm already sick of this type of comment. Perhaps I didn't make myself sufficiently clear in my earlier post in this thread.

No further posts of this type will be tolerated.

By all means criticize a specific clan if you feel there is justification (and certainly plenty of them deserve it), but this type of blanket comment is inappropriate, especially when, as here, the clan appears to be serious, and its representative polite. I don't see this as being fundamentally different from when someone is looking for team members for a new project - in such cases we consider them on their merits, rather than just flaming them for the hell of it.

[SFV]zerk said:
Hello, from the CEO of Clan

AaahaHaHahhAhhAhAhAHhahahaah.

Sorry. I have nothing principally against clans, but I doubt you'll find much positive response here. Mostly I think because people in general aren't as excited about the multiplayer part of Doom 3 as they are about the single player, and well - the game isn't out yet.

But I wish you much luck in finding good players for your Doom 3 matches.

[SFV]zerk said:
You obviously don't want to do that, so don't join a clan problem solved. The lack of maturity shown here wouldn't even allow you in this clan reguardless, no pun intended, of course. Also, please explain how a clan can be gay? That word is so misused and mistreated.

Read Goliath's title. 'Nuff said. Good luck man :D

Clans aren't that bad until their members and leader take it way too seriously, then it gets stupid. And what I mean by taking it way too seriously is posting a message on here like you're sending a letter to some executive at a company. Games are just games, it's not something to be so obsessed with unless you're going to win a shitload of money or something in a contest on a website, then that's understandable. I'm in a Magic the Gathering called [The Exiled], but I don't mind being in it as we're all just friends on the website/forums. We don't go around posting messages though in other Magic forums and sites saying "omfg we're this this and that you should join us we're awesome." Personally, I find that annoying, which is what people who come here posting clan advertisments usually do. Aside from that, why should we care about clans formed on some other site anywhere, that means having to join another forum or site or whatever. I'd personally be more towards joining one that was formed on Doomworld (of course, we don't have a clans forum around here, but that might not be that bad of an idea)

Thanks for the postive comments recieved from all.

As for Melfice: The reason we post on places like this is because we do get many people interested in joining who, because they are already part of a forum community, may for the most part be mature and dedicated to the game. Yea, games are supposed to be fun, but they are alot more fun to play when it is a friendly game, meaning you have a game without the screamings of "CHEATER", "N00b", "YOU FUCKING BITCH", or other garbage text like that. Having a 'good' game means you find 'good' and mature members, which is what we are searching for.

[SFV]zerk said:
please make sure you meet the requirements:

At least 12 years of age

*sigh

"Prepare to scream for vengeance ladies!"
Hahaha.

I never really thought of clans for Doom 3, though for some reason, I can't picture clans on it, despite there are some for Doom. I was in a clan once, but for a different game, it was fun, until the leader just left. :D In any event, good luck with that. :D