Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
timmie

funny - guy dooms a youth performance

Lame? That was wicked! He had enough guts to play Doom in a church! How could that be lame?

Well, maybe a bigger screen would do better for him.

POTGIESSER said:

Or the church level in Deus Vault? Church within a church...

Haha, yea that would be sweet too. =)

Bashe said:

Lame? That was wicked! He had enough guts to play Doom in a church! How could that be lame?

I'll let Grimm answer your question:

Grimm said:

That's actually pretty messeed up, given it was in memory of some kid that got killed.

I guess it's cool but if you think about the event itself this was a really lame and stupid stunt.

First, it's really lame how much he goes out of his way to show off that he does not like Christianity. There's a difference between having an opinion and pulling childish pranks. "HAY GUYS I'M SCREWING WITH THE CHURCH AND USING THE BIBLE AS A MOUSEPAD THESE CHURCH FAGS DON'T KNOW LOLLERZ KEKEKEKEKE TAKE THAT JESUS!!!!1111"

Second, I'm not really sure I think it's "cool" and "funny" that at a benefit for a child that was murdered, he throws Doom up on the screen. Granted it was a dress rehearsal, but there are some times when a prank moves from 'funny' to 'lame'. This is one of them.

It wouldn't have been so lame if someone had started something with him. If there were backstory along the lines of "I almost didn't get to do it because some crazy lady said I listen to devil music" then this would be better.

AtmaWeapon said:

First, it's really lame how much he goes out of his way to show off that he does not like Christianity.

And not only you do lack a GOOD sense of humor, he also NEVER said he dislikes christianity. Next time read before you say stupidities like this one. (And if you look at the posts, he say in one of them "But i was only killing demons with the holy book!". DISLIKE CHRISTIANITY??).

Second, the fact that the main thing was for a murdered children is probably the ONLY unfunny thing in that. But anyone who try to link Doom and real life murdering together is nothing but a friggin moron to my eyes...

Danarchy said:
OMG LOL he played Doom in teh Church. That is funney cuz Church is full of GOD who is good and Doom is TEH EVEL. LOLOLOL

heh.

Mr. NobodX said:

And not only you do lack a GOOD sense of humor, he also NEVER said he dislikes christianity. Next time read before you say stupidities like this one. (And if you look at the posts, he say in one of them "But i was only killing demons with the holy book!". DISLIKE CHRISTIANITY??).

Second, the fact that the main thing was for a murdered children is probably the ONLY unfunny thing in that. But anyone who try to link Doom and real life murdering together is nothing but a friggin moron to my eyes...

I have a decent sense of humor, but the post led me to believe he was making the jabs. Combine that with how I think the guy is a big jerk, and it really doesn't do much for the joke.

• He said in bold text one of the pictures was about him messing with the church. The indicated picture shows a Bible he placed under a sign that says "We have Christian fiction." The implication being the Bible is fiction, it's funny because it's the Bible and it's in a church library under fiction LOLOLOLOLOL.
  • He also made sure to point out that in case we didn't notice, we should take notice of what book he used as his mousepad, the Bible. When taken with the last one, this shows that he wasn't "killing demons with the Bible" but his intent was another shot at the Bible.
And I agree, Doom has about as strong of a link to killing people as drinking gatorade. But not everyone is of this opinion, and sometimes you have to be sensitive to your audience. I'm sure if I went to an event to mourn the passing of my child I'd be excited to see someone ripping zombies open with a shotgun, wouldn't you?

I would have probably thought it was funny if he had just posted the doom pictures, but he made himself look like a kid pulling stupid pranks with the other pictures.

Now please, this thread isn't about whether I am right for thinking the guy is a jerk or not. It's about whether it is funny or not. I'm only calling the guy that did it a jerk, not you.

AtmaWeapon said:

child that was murdered

Wait... This wouldn't have anything to do with that kid, Devon Williams, would it?

I really don't think that is funny. That performance was in memory of a death of a 10 year old girl. It doesn't matter if it is an audition or the real performance.

When he said, "But i was only killing demons with the holy book!" I wouldn't say that is disliking Christianity, but it certainly is mocking it in a way, or showing disrespect for it.

This guy has no sense of respect or maturity.

But the Bible *is* fiction! That english bible is nothing but a pale, cheap disgrace of *The REAL Holy Book*, which isn't written in English anyway :p

Mr. NobodX said:

But the Bible *is* fiction! That english bible is nothing but a pale, cheap disgrace of *The REAL Holy Book*, which isn't written in English anyway :p

Oh please, not the old "The Bible has been translated so many times it's lost it's meaning and none of it is true anymore," talk.

Or how about the "It's fiction...written by several different people in several different time periods and no real writing skill shown in the book as it's inconsistant and no real point" line. :P

Skeletor said:

Oh please, not the old "The Bible has been translated so many times it's lost it's meaning and none of it is true anymore," talk.

The bible is just a book full a myths written by a bunch of ancient dead dudes.

POTGIESSER said:

The bible is just a book full a myths written by a bunch of ancient dead dudes.

And here we go!

It would be cool if the Bible were really full of myths to read... but a lot of it is pretty boring fill-in material that a bunch of dead dudes might have found useful at one point for something, but later, just made a newer bunch of dead people have to analyze and interpret those dull parts because it's holy stuff and whatnot. Some parts are an okay read, though. It doesn't get to the level of disaffected literary writing of quality, but some bits are intriguing.

Edith Hamilton's Mythology is a better study of religion than The Bible is.

The bible was written so that the simple folk of the tribe understood the laws of the land and offered explainations to unexplained phenomenon (like rain and existance) like other myths were made to do. It worked too well and now we have some kind of StarWars following going on, plus new additions around the year 0.

Now you wouldn't use a StarWars encyclopedia as a mouse mat would you? Am I right?

Seriously, that was a thoughtless act and perhaps a tad disgraceful, but I can think of worse times to pull this stunt. (The Columbine Memorial - if they still do that.) Unless, of course, the girl was shot to death, then I think this twat should follow.

Janderson said:

Now you wouldn't use a StarWars encyclopedia as a mouse mat would you? Am I right?

Why use it as a mouse mat when it can serve a much better purpose as toilet paper.