Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ellmo

DRD_DEMO soon in /newstuff

So be sure you'll play this two level demo (that's right - two level), when it's reviewed and out. Let's all hope it made safely to the /newstuff...

Speaking of DRD, are you planning to officially release the 4 old levels you discarded for this project? I think it would be a shame if those got lost...

I thought /idgames didn't allow 'demo' releases any more

Cyb said:

Since when?

Dron said:

Since when?

Since a while. It's actually in the rules readme on the archives.

And what's DRD? This isn't RONE?

Mancubus II said:

And what's DRD? This isn't RONE?

DRD is the project before RONE. It means Doom: Refresh Daemon. Visit website --> here.
It's the project we first tought about and worked as a team.. to this day :D, so we have our name DRD-Team. DRD was put on hold for a certain reason-ask ellmo if You're really curious. RONE has begun soon, however, because it's so ambitious we need to practice and improve our skills, by making Hellsing. This is a smaller project, nonetheless, still a quality one and RONE is put on a small hold.
Anyway, get DRD, it's really worth it.

Do you guys have to put everything on hold? Just find a couple of extra mappers to work on diffrent projects. Assign a few to drd, a few to rone, and a few to Hellsing and viola!

Bloodskull said:

Do you guys have to put everything on hold? Just find a couple of extra mappers to work on diffrent projects. Assign a few to drd, a few to rone, and a few to Hellsing and viola!

Yeah, sure... it's that easy isn't it? Btw how's your Icons of sin project going? As far as I recall there were three people working at it, and you see? It didn't go anywhere.

Graf Zahl said:

Speaking of DRD, are you planning to officially release the 4 old levels you discarded for this project? I think it would be a shame if those got lost...

Frankly, those got lost already. I put them into /newstuff someday, but they were rejected (probably because of not-using-template TXT). Since then they aren't anywhere... Pity. Four oldschool maps lost.

Cyb said:

Oh shit. Dont' do this to me... I really need official reviews on those levels...

If it's two complete maps, I imagine it will be accepted (assuming there's nothing else that would cause it to be rejected, of course).

Uploading it late on a Friday may mean there isn't time for a very considered review though (assuming it is moved to /newstuff in time to be reviewed at all this week).

Caco-Puff: calling it a "beta test" would probably get it rejected since that's exactly the type of unfinished project that the rules are designed to prevent (if I understand Ty's intentions correctly).

ellmo said:

they were rejected (probably because of not-using-template TXT)

You can always see why uploads were rejected by looking at the REJECTS file (as long as you don't leave it more than a month or so after you tried to upload).

ellmo said:

Frankly, those got lost already. I put them into /newstuff someday, but they were rejected (probably because of not-using-template TXT). Since then they aren't anywhere... Pity. Four oldschool maps lost.

I still have the old DRD 5-level-demo so they aren't lost. (I don't throw away good levels! ;) ) I could send them to you so you can upload them. I don't think the text file was a problem. It look pretty standard to me. What I can imagine is that you accidentally uploaded the RAR file. The archive only accepts ZIPs.

Graf Zahl said:

I still have the old DRD 5-level-demo so they aren't lost. (I don't throw away good levels! ;)

Oh my! You're my savior! Send them along to me...

ellmo said:

Oh my! You're my savior! Send them along to me...

There were 5 different DRD maps? Oh my.. Me wants.
EDIT:

Grazza said:

Oh no.. :(

ellmo said
Btw how's your Icons of sin project going?

owned

Nmn said:

There were 5 different DRD maps? Oh my.. Me wants.

4 that were rejected from DRD, because of architecture and details, that were not as good as in Sewage System (e1m5 then...), so I tried to release them levels separately, and start DRD with completely ne quality...

Could You send them to me? I want to see what is with them and would like to take a general look at them.

You shouldn't have called it Demo. Something less obvious like 'version 1' would have been better. Demo automatically implies incomplete maps which these aren't.

Graf Zahl said:

You shouldn't have called it Demo. Something less obvious like 'version 1' would have been better. Demo automatically implies incomplete maps which these aren't.

O_o well I alway thought that demo is a completed part of an uncomplete set. Does RTC ring any bell? It was a fully completed and tested level.

Besides, for example, Your Mercenaries Demo was accepted to newstuff, ellmo. Weird..