Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
psyren

Tags not working in JDoom

The latest map I been working on has no keys, just a bunch of switches to lower floors, allowing access to more of the level and eventually the exit.

The map runs just fine in Legacy, but with Doomsday, only some of the tags work. The animation of the switches acts normally, like something has been triggered to occur, but it doesn't occur.

I am not an expert by any means, but I never had this trouble before. It was made with WadAuthor, but then I checked it in Doombuilder, and also ran it through ZenNode. No errors. So what the heck could be making it do this?

I am using Doomsday version 1.7.15, which I believe is the latest.

Any help or thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Hmm. I know WadAuthor can do source port specific things. I had the option to select a different port when I set it up, but I didn't, and I have no idea how to find it or change it now. Still the same configuration as when I made other maps that ran fine with Doomsday.

If you, or anyone else, would like to see it, I have a link to the zipfile here: http://www.freewebs.com/psyren777/

It is there so Dani j could take a look at it. I have another thread running at Newdoom forums, but as yet no one has answered.

Linedef 927, sector 65. Tag 15. Floor is supposed to lower and does not. I have not checked past this yet to see if others are working, but I will try. JDoom doesn't allow running with no monsters, so I end up getting wasted before I get very far!

psyren said:

Hmm. I know WadAuthor can do source port specific things. I had the option to select a different port when I set it up, but I didn't, and I have no idea how to find it or change it now.

Close all the wads you have open and you'll see the 'Select Configuration File' option in the File menu.

Ok, thanks for that info. It was set as I thought though, doom2.wcf so it isn't WadAuthor using Boom tags.

Psyren, the -nomonsters option works fine for me? Are you sure your kickstartopts file isnt borked?

I had a look at the wad and I can't really say why it's not working in JDoom. It's working fine in ZDoom too. Weird.

Hey Chilvence, Good to see you. I can't find any no monsters option in my Kickstart anywhere. I am a complete DOS idiot. (Even "Idiot's guide to DOS" is too deep for me!)

Sorry, I ended up not using the texture you made for this map. You taught me too much and I made my own, but I did give you credit in the text file.

Please check this map out. Really pissin me off I can't get it running in JDoom. I prefer the eye candy and I hate to release a wad that won't run with it. Not just GL either because LegacyGL works fine also. JDoom just looks better.

Maybe DaniJ can figure it out when he has time to take a look. I sure hope so anyway.

I'm stumped as well, probably only Skyjake will be able to determine why it doesnt work. For now I can only suggest using a different method to unblock the pass.

Modifying the map a bit fixed the problem. It seems that Doomsday didn't understand that down to highest floor tag where it was - on a high pathway with a much lower adjacent sector. When I used down to lowest commands, I ended up with an impassible chasm.

So now I just made another sector and some lowering bars and it works just fine. Turned to be an added advantage of some extra cover, against the dozens of fireballs coming in up there, while the opposite ledge is still lined with unreachable bad guys! :)