Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scabbed Angel

3 days 6 hours MY ASS!

Lectrix said:

Why not, its possible, some people have it at this moment in time, but us brits wont play it for at least 1-2 weeks after everyone else. :(

Pff... I wouldn't be surprised if you guys get it before us scandinavian people...

Lectrix said:

Why not, its possible, some people have it at this moment in time, but us brits wont play it for at least 1-2 weeks after everyone else. :(

Don't give out too much info m8, i'd like some surprises... ;D

Trying not to : ) If I were you, I'd avoid the spoilers forum for a while... I did until I got the game, and still am aside from these threads.

Scabbed Angel said:

But he said "If you're serious"? I don't follow.

In other words he meant "If your serious about getting DOOM 3 early...I HATE YOU etc."

NOW do you understand?

P.S. - having to have a 15 year old help you understand things is NOT a good thing... Remember "once again you manage to put the clues together so wonderfully" ?? :)

Pff... I wouldn't be surprised if you guys get it before us scandinavian people...

I heard THAT.

-Jk- said:

Yeah :/

chubz said:

In other words he meant "If your serious about getting DOOM 3 early...I HATE YOU etc."

I see what you mean, but I don't think that's what he meant I'm not that dumb : )... as it's clear I have the game... I think he was talking about the post right above it which was about some of the features in the game.

Scabbed Angel said:

I see what you mean, but I don't think that's what he meant I'm not that dumb : )... as it's clear I have the game... I think he was talking about the post right above it which was about some of the features in the game.

Oh, ok.

NOw youve got ME confused, lol. =)

EDIT - Hey scabbed one more thing, could you please say what makes the game "fun" and what keeps it from...."becoming repetitive" ???
Running from room to room just mowing down anything sounds like it would become old fast, so I was just a bit curious what your thoughts on the gameplay were. =)

Well, the beginning really got to me for one. Seeing what "life" on the base is like beforehand really changes the rest of the game for me. The contrast of this corporate/military/research with these people vs. the chaos that insues. It makes you feel it more. Rather than just playing a game, you're in the game. I know that sounds kind of tacky, but it's true. You find misc survivors laying around/getting killed and hear their screams on your radio. Immersion to be concise. When you feel you're in a story the killing is just a part of it rather than "it". And there's a lot to interact with; your PDA (the marine puts down his weapon and brings it right to the screen rather than it just being a screen) readin people's email etc. But you should stop making me spoil it for you! ; ) I think you have to play it see.

Scabbed Angel said:

Uh huh...

Fuck the game and the screen, those are the most SEXY BEAUTIFUL FEMININE HANDS! I'd give you my $40 in Doom 3 money for a handjob. :D

hm, well, my questions are all multiplayer really. I know SP will be badass, and I'm just not the kind of guy to get hyped up for something I will only play for X amount of minutes. However, for MP, which is something that could grasp me for the next X YEARS, I am literally on the edge of my seat.

I'd give you some questions but honestly I'm a detail fiend when it comes to anticipating new games, so I'd probably ask way too much lol... SUCH AS:

how long does it take for items to spawn? ammo? health? powerups? what's the weapon spawn system like? pickup/stay toggleable, or pickup only (and if so what's the timer, and is it variable in tdm vs tourney)? is there a megahealth or megasphere? does the berserker fill you up to 100 health ala classic doom? what kind of flavors does armor and health come in? does health and/or armor tick down like quake or stay at 100+ like classic doom? any extra bindings like crouch, jump, sprint/walk, use, etc?

heh, and that was all just one run-on thought 0_o

Of course, my biggest question that I still haven't gotten an answer on, but is a hard one to ask if you don't know how to do it or what it is, is the movement tricks in MP. Strafejumping, double jumping... have heard so many rumors about both, and they're important to me, so I want the truth asap :) if you have no idea what they are don't bother. But if you do, that's the one and only question that I'm DYING to know.

also, curious if it still uses a console system, and what the commands are like. Also if it uses a bind system ala the quake series (and doom user-created engines).

heh I'll stop here :P thanks if you do answer anything ;)

edit: oh, and of course I forget the most important thing, but I bet you couldn't answer anyway being that there's no servers... how's the netcode? (if you just make your own server, it's no estimation of the netcode, since your ping will be 0)

i got word from my boss that my copy is waiting back home, i am gonna snag it tomarrow night when i get home. on vacation now, so it will be there waiting for me(i ordered it).

i wonder if stores down here have it yet? have not checked. there is a best buy down the road but it is too far to walk.

Scabbed Angel said:

Well, the beginning really got to me for one. Seeing what "life" on the base is like beforehand really changes the rest of the game for me. The contrast of this corporate/military/research with these people vs. the chaos that insues. It makes you feel it more. Rather than just playing a game, you're in the game. I know that sounds kind of tacky, but it's true. You find misc survivors laying around/getting killed and hear their screams on your radio. Immersion to be concise. When you feel you're in a story the killing is just a part of it rather than "it". And there's a lot to interact with; your PDA (the marine puts down his weapon and brings it right to the screen rather than it just being a screen) readin people's email etc. But you should stop making me spoil it for you! ; ) I think you have to play it see.

Ok, August 2nd - HERE I COME! =P

I'd recommend anyone with an ATI Radeon to make sure their drivers are updated to the latest..In my case I had to use Omegadrivers.net's pack in order for my Dell to run without freezing. Stupid Dell hasn't released a driver update since february and I bet that's why my system wasn't as smooth as i've wanted it to be..Graphics on High now looks nice though..def. recommended

http://home.wi.rr.com/integrajt/PDoom3-1.JPG

Jtfalcon said:

I'd recommend anyone with an ATI Radeon to make sure their drivers are updated to the latest..In my case I had to use Omegadrivers.net's pack in order for my Dell to run without freezing. Stupid Dell hasn't released a driver update since february and I bet that's why my system wasn't as smooth as i've wanted it to be..Graphics on High now looks nice though..def. recommended

http://home.wi.rr.com/integrajt/PDoom3-1.JPG

Ah, cool! :)

What are your specs and how good does the game run overall ?? :)

3.5 Ghz Pentium 4
Ati Mobility 9700
512 400mghz DDR

Game runs nicely..I noticed a lot of hazing on textures when the settings were on Medium or low quality. With the newest drivers and a good Video card I don't see many having a problem with playing the game on 640x480 with high textures on.

Here's some Screenies** http://home.wi.rr.com/integrajt/doom3
Take note of the moving blur around heat sources!