• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Anarkavre

Someone already has Doom 3

Looks pretty real to me.

also check out this: http://www.ironnerd.com/temp/

#doom3 on EnterTheGame, its a madhouse.

There looks to be some other people that claim to have the game too... In #doom3 on etg that is. Some dude called 'torrent'.

"LOL, actually I work in a call center and have been in misery on an hour long call. So you all can take solace that, even though I have the game, I'm stuck here talking to customers : ( Feel free to laugh at the painful irony. : )"

Shhhhhh, i'm relishing.

outrrealm said:

his shadow still shows a head...

It certainly doesn't look like it doesn't.

Looks pretty damn good, I think its gunna be pretty freaky, zombies especialy ones that look so real freak me out.

Darkbolt said:

thats just the shadow of his neck

Look closer. You can see an ear in that shadow. Atleast it sure looks like an ear.

Twiztid said:

Look closer. You can see an ear in that shadow. Atleast it sure looks like an ear.

Nah, it's just an exact shadow of the neck. Id's lighting engine is per pixel. If you look at that shadow, it cuts off before rounding up to make the rest of the head, and there is an angle sloping downwards, an angle that matches the rest of the blown-off head.

[EDIT]Do NOT re-edit posts edited by mods/supermods or admins![EDIT]

Goliath said:

Well how the hell do you tell it is dead

****SPOILER**** ... kind of redundant in a "spoilers" forum, eh... None of the zombies I saw get back up because their bodies disappear ; (

Deathman said:

BLASPHEMY!

LOL

Scabbed Angel said:
[BNone of the zombies I saw get back up because their bodies disappear[/B]

I was hoping only the demons would disappear. Oh well.

-E

Shaviro said:

So...how is it?

Very immersive. I've only played three levels so far, but here is the Scabby early review:

PROS:
-Works well even on my lower levels sys; 1028x768 medium quality with all features enabled. 512mb AMD 1500+, although I do have the 6800 Only minor hitching when in an elevator (why this would be is beyond me).
-Very imersive. You can talk to everyone and there is a good amount of dialoge and a diverse personality between NPCs. Acting is much better than expected.
-PDA. I like the implementation of it in the game. It adds to the "find the red key" typicl FPS. Although one ammo locker I was able to get in my violently pushing buttons in frustration. The animation when he uses the PDA is cool too imo.
-Anyone worrying about the lack of demon hordes/slow gameplay, you needn't. These early levels are similar to the old Doom in two ways: monsters pop up from trap walls (which though I don't like the unrealism of that, it is like the old games) and there are monsters almost everywhere. You may only be fighting 2 or 3 at a time, but id keeps em coming!
-There are diverse skins on the zombies
-The "heat haze" is a fucking awesome effect, almost on par with Far Cry's water effect on the "awesome scale". So I hope your card is DirectX 9 compatible.
-Some of Trents sounds (The Doomguy and Pinky) seem to have been kept.
-Everything else you would expect
-Watch out for a homage to the originals VERY early on in the game.
I'm not going to give it away, so don't even ask! For Shame!

CONS
-Security zombies have way to good of aim, or I could just suck ; P
-Pistol sounds like crap.
-All bodies disapear over time : (
-Horrible X-box vid gibbing

That's about all I can think of so far, I'll keep it coming as I play.

EDIT:: Reading through the manual would suggest that Trent did not do any of the ingame sounds... but they do sound very similar.

Scabbed Angel said:

PROS:
-PDA. I like the implementation of it in the game. It adds to the "find the red key" typicl FPS. Although one ammo locker I was able to get in my violently pushing buttons in frustration. The animation when he uses the PDA is cool too imo.
CONS
-Horrible X-box vid gibbing

That's about all I can think of so far, I'll keep it coming as I play.

What do you mean by X-box vid gibbing and what was the problem with the PDA

I read that some say that the gibbing is actually quite spectacular. The flesh is torn away when you shoot zombies, if I remember correctly.

Scabbed Angel said:

-The "heat haze" is a fucking awesome effect, almost on par with Far Cry's water effect on the "awesome scale". So I hope your card is DirectX 9 compatible.

Actually, it's OpenGL, there's no DirectX in D3.

-Watch out for a homage to the originals VERY early on in the game.
I'm not going to give it away, so don't even ask! For Shame!

Thanks you for helping me resist the temptation.

-All bodies disapear over time : (

Is there a setting in game similar to wall mark lifetime to allow you to keep them around longer. In FarCry, there is an option to keep bodies around for so many secondss. The highest is 999. Please say there is something in here.

-E

Goliath said:

What do you mean by X-box vid gibbing and what was the problem with the PDA

Oh, I didn't realize you need to read the emails for locker codes (for ammo, health etc. So I kept hitting the number pad on the locker and I accidentally hit the right code : )

Disorder said:

I read that some say that the gibbing is actually quite spectacular. The flesh is torn away when you shoot zombies, if I remember correctly.

The flesh does blow away, but I would imagine that a shotgun blast would not reveal the skeleton as though it turned the flesh into melted wax that almost "fell off" the skeleton. Just my opinion. As far as the x-box comment, Goliath, that was the first vid that showed the new gibbing. If you didn't like it there (I didn't) then you may not like it in the final game.

Endureth said:

Actually, it's OpenGL, there's no DirectX in D3.

http://www2.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjQ0LDM=There is one feature we simply must talk about and that is "Heat Haze." Heat Haze requires a DirectX 9 level video card in order to work. This feature is enabled automatically on those cards. It's one of those awesome effects that makes the word β€œWow” come right out of your mouth when you first see it. Heat Haze adds a wavy β€œripple” or "mirage" type effect to objects that have heat or steam coming from them. Heat Haze is also seen on fireballs being thrown by demons and produced by certain weapons in your arsenal that create a type of energy impact.

Is there a setting in game similar to wall mark lifetime to allow you to keep them around longer. In FarCry, there is an option to keep bodies around for so many secondss. The highest is 999. Please say there is something in here.

-E

Not that I saw. The settings were primarily for specular, normal mapping etc. I could be wrong, but I didn't see it. I'm sure there will be a console command though. Another point on this, though there is physics implemented, it's the same as far cry: once they're dead, they don't move like the ragdoll zombies in the "e3 leaked exe". I hope that can be enabled.

Disorder said:

EDIT - nm, didnt understand what you meant :)