Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alientank

Well atleast it comes in a cd case

OMG ITS SO FAKE I CAN TELL THE PHOTOSHOP A MILE AWAY

just kidding. But seriously, that best buy price tag makes me EXTREMELY jealous :P

While us british who have to wait AN EXTRA SODDING WEEK get it in a lovely DVD-Style case for our troubles

deathbringer said:

While us british who have to wait AN EXTRA SODDING WEEK get it in a lovely DVD-Style case for our troubles

Yeah I know. *sigh* But I suppose a DVD case will last longer...

DoomUK said:

Yea I know that my CD case is going to have a rough time surviving and staying in 1 piece while it sits idly in my desk drawer that never gets opened unless it's to install a game or put a CD back.

/sarcasm

Alientank said:

Yea I know that my CD case is going to have a rough time surviving and staying in 1 piece while it sits idly in my desk drawer that never gets opened unless it's to install a game or put a CD back.

/sarcasm

lol

Get Slysoft CloneCD 4 (ELBY got shut down I guess and changed names), and copy your Doom 3 Play disc (if there IS a play CD) and use "protected PC game" mode, create an ISO, and mount it in a Virtual Clone Drive...

Problem solved. :)

Hmm, it looks like at least some of these new "real" pictures are fake after all, since some show DVD cases while others show CD cases.

Unless it's available in both?

Well what on earth happened to that "new" packaging that id was supposed to use for the final release? Looks like they stuck with the boring Hell-Knight pic they used on the Pre-Order box for everything (box, manual, cds - gah!).

Heh, I wonder what's underneath that flap on the box.

Anyways, I thoguht the box-art was supposed to look different. I don't really like the overusage of the hell knight/pentagram art.

The cover art is absolutely atrocious. It doesn't hold a candle to the art for Doom (or Doom 2, for that matter).

Linguica said:

The cover art is absolutely atrocious. It doesn't hold a candle to the art for Doom (or Doom 2, for that matter).

I'm surprised they chose that for the cover. Yeah - they could've done better. Would've been nice if they went back to the original artist.

Disappointing. They have the Hell-Knight on the manual, the cd box, on the flap of the box, AND on the back of the box! Lots of variety there. Please don't tell me the bastard's also on the cds themselves.

And plus, they used mostly boring offially-released screenshots for all the monster pics - bleh.

Cool new shot of the marine on the back, however.

Mogul said:

I'm surprised they chose that for the cover. Yeah - they could've done better. Would've been nice if they went back to the original artist.

Don Punchatz - Doom 1 cover. Brom - Doom 2 cover.

2 different artists there.

What about that Julie pic (original concept art for Doom II) I posted a while ago? :)

Hey, i happen to like them, better than the big cardboard boxes you used to get anyway, i think i might still have the magazine that (might have) directly caused the change, someone was ranting about "buying a 10-gallon drum of coke, but only getting as much as whats in a normal can"

Oh my God, real cd cases! UT 2k4 was good but I did get the DVD special edition. Glad to see ID knows what they are doing on cases. Clone cd and iso's? Piff, just get a no cd crack when it comes out.

Trilinear said:

Looks like they stuck with the boring Hell-Knight pic they used on the Pre-Order box for everything (box, manual, cds - gah!).

No friggin kidding... I'm gonna murder that thing so hard when I see it ingame.

Looks similar to the Morrowind GOTY packaing, aside from the art. Small box, manual, double CD case.