Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Terra-jin

Doom alpha graphics

This is about the classic Doom press release version; does anyone know how to extract the graphics from the wad? Wintex doesn't seem to work with the old wad format... and I'd really like to have all those early sprites.

Who can help me?

There was a thread ages ago about it, that had them up for download in a package, if you search for it you might find the thread, though i dunno if the pack is still available. Also some obscure EDGE wads like UAC Ressurection have the old BFG in which has those two cool fireballs

deathbringer said:

There was a thread ages ago about it, that had them up for download in a package, if you search for it you might find the thread, though i dunno if the pack is still available. Also some obscure EDGE wads like UAC Ressurection have the old BFG in which has those two cool fireballs

yea that got sent to hell

Hmmm, I've tried XWE and Wintex now... for XWE, the problem is that it can only extract the sprites as .lmp files; while Wintex uses a different format for the sprites.
Can I find the alpha sprites up for download somewhere?

Terra-jin said:

Could be... would you know how to get .bmp's out of the .lmp's?

Try actually saving it as a .bmp. And by the way, that's not true at all. XWE can save any WAD lump as any format, whether you save a .MUS lump as a .WTF file, or if you save a graphic lump as a .SHT file.

It still doesn't work... :(

Somehow XWE and Wintex just don't recognize the sprite entries in the press release wad as regular bitmaps. Is there any program that can do this?