Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alientank

Well it's been leaked

myk has a great point. Also, why not just buy the game and bask in the glory of the fact that you bought a super good game and can play it in peace without the slightly contaminated feel of piracy looming over you?

I have pirated games to see if they are worth it, then bought them and deleted the pirated version. If you do that, yes it IS illegal, but I don't have a problem with it. Now just pirating things and playing/enjoying the hell out of them, that is just lazy and cheap.

sandmanfvr said:

pirating things and playing/enjoying the hell out of them, that is just lazy and cheap.

sandmanfvr said:

I have pirated games to see if they are worth it

Isn't that what demos are for? If one isn't available, a friend usually has the full game anyway which you can playtest (or a computer store, or LAN place).

Who asked you?

Mordeth said:

Just a friendly reminder: anyone asking for, offering, or linking to warez gets instantly banned.

Yes, very suggestive indeed.

Trilinear said:

Isn't that what demos are for? If one isn't available, a friend usually has the full game anyway which you can playtest (or a computer store, or LAN place).

No, demos are good but I take the games and play in lan parties and play the FULL game for a bit, then I do two things:

1) Buy game and delete pirtated one
2) Don't buy game and delete pirtated one

Simple.

I don't like piracy. I have slightly less problems with it if people are going to buy the game anyway (and not several years later when it's in the bargain bin).

I hope Carmack figures out a way to track down everyone who's downloaded it and send a bunch of burly men to each of their houses and "force themselves" upon the piraters in very uncomfortable, prison-like ways. The only way out of that kind of lovin'? Show them your receipt of the game.

id deserves our money. If you can't afford it, sucks to be you. Cry me a river. Just because you want it doesn't mean you deserve it.

-Jomero

Piracy is for those who don't have a job, a girlfriend, or perhaps even.... *gasp!* a LIFE. Not supporting id's 3 year efforts in Doom3, because you are impatient of two friggin days? Sad.

The sales of the Xbox Doom3 should repair this damage a bit.

Oh, and THANK YOU Ichor for sending that guy to the loser bin.

gargoylol said:

The sales of the Xbox Doom3 should repair this damage a bit.

Heh, mod chip.

I know it's illegal but I fail to see how it hurts id if you download the game even though you are gonna buy it the next day. I think the majority of people downloading doom3 have already vowed to buy it, they just wanna start playing it as soon as they can. The only people that are asshats are the ones who play through it and just assume to not pay them for their work.

Jomero said:

I hope Carmack figures out a way to track down everyone who's downloaded it and send a bunch of burly men to each of their houses and "force themselves" upon the piraters in very uncomfortable, prison-like ways. The only way out of that kind of lovin'? Show them your receipt of the game.

I'd enjoy seeing corporations having police powers beyond a security force...that would be totaly rad

id deserves our money.

do they really deserve $55 a pop for an interactive movie?

/buying copy tomorrow

insertwackynamehere said:

Who's ban evading?

Well, there was a post before mine (DSOS), it was astump whining about posthelling this thread. His posts were deleted for our sanity and he got himself served!

My mum always used to say to me that if I pirate games, the Cacodemon is going to get me...

-Cub. =o)