Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HeXploiT

Does Doom3 have bots?

Could some kind soul with the game actually answer this for sure? Or one of you miserable whining bastards... ;)

I suspect it does not, because none of the reviews have mentioned bots, but how hard would it really have bben to swap out the old Q3 bot code into the new engine?

Um, its simple to make a bot...

-THIS IS ONLY A SIMPLE EXAMPLE-

::: LOAD new character
::: ACTIVATE character at : (353,213,646)
::: LOAD BODY AND MOVEMENT RULES : {lets say} UAC SOLDIER 2
::: LOAD MODEL : UAC SOLDIER 3

IMPORTANT MOST OF ALL (acting w/out a script)!!! -->
::: LOAD INDEPENDENT AI RULES : SMART-ZOMBIE-WITH-GUN

::: ENEMY? FALSE!
::: ALLY? TRUE!
::: MONSTERs CAN KILL THIS? TRUE!
::: KILLS MONSTERS? TRUE!

...or something like that. In other words, you have to give the bot a body, a "muscle code" to move him, and an independent mind to do stuff. You can probably even "call in reinforcements" or watch battles with such methods

-The General

SupremeGeneral said:

Um, its simple to make a bot...

-THIS IS ONLY A SIMPLE EXAMPLE-

::: LOAD new character
::: ACTIVATE character at : (353,213,646)
::: LOAD BODY AND MOVEMENT RULES : {lets say} UAC SOLDIER 2
::: LOAD MODEL : UAC SOLDIER 3

IMPORTANT MOST OF ALL (acting w/out a script)!!! -->
::: LOAD INDEPENDENT AI RULES : SMART-ZOMBIE-WITH-GUN

::: ENEMY? FALSE!
::: ALLY? TRUE!
::: MONSTERs CAN KILL THIS? TRUE!
::: KILLS MONSTERS? TRUE!

...or something like that. In other words, you have to give the bot a body, a "muscle code" to move him, and an independent mind to do stuff. You can probably even "call in reinforcements" or watch battles with such methods

-The General

So that's why bots are generally crap? Unlike the one's in UT2k4 that could intelligently ( mostly... ;) ) drive vehicles as well as shoot straight.

It's so simple for your fine self, but those slug-brained game studios, with their highly talented, sorry, retarded, obviously, programmers and artists just can't hack 'em?

Shit, sucks to be not you...

On the other hand, if Doom3 doesn't come with bots, because it's so easy to do you could knock up some demon AI code and offer it up for download, so we could all enjoy the fruits of your efforless labour. ;)

Thanks SupremeGeneral, that atleast provides some hope. I live in small town USA and don't even know anyone else that'll be playing Doom3 so atleast i'll probably be able to download a mod(or whatever you call it) that'll let me do bot matches on my rig.

As far as the reviews not mentioning bots, it doesn't seem like the reviews have hardly mentioned multiplayer at all. PCGamers review stated that it supported 4player multiplayer mode and that was it. That's hardly conclusive either way.

At any rate, even bad bots are better than no bots for those of us who won't be playing online.

BlackFish said:

The ut2004 play very nicely, if you play ADEPT+ bots. Anyway, I'm really surprised id ditched bots for Doom3. The Q3A bots worked nicely.

I remember hearing that the Q3 bots slowly evolved into the Doom3 AI, but I honestly don't remember where I heard that, so I'm probably talking out of my arse.

Trasher][ said:
I remember hearing that the Q3 bots slowly evolved into the Doom3 AI, but I honestly don't remember where I heard that, so I'm probably talking out of my arse.

It's probably a rumour someone threw around, due the presence of .AAS (Q3A waypoint) files in Doom3. It's not even the same kind of AAS though, from looking at all the Doom3 .def files.

Well we seemingly don't have an answer. (Due to people that have the game are playing and I don't blame them). But if there is NO bots, that would make no sense seeing as ID has always had them.

I am not sure about multiplayer but in single player you can spawn monsters in the console.
Type:spawn monster_demon_archvile,
spawn monster_demon_cherub.
There are more of course.If you want me to fill in the rest of the monsters just let me know or you can buy the Prima guide.