Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kamz

Doom 3 won't run :(

bought Doom 3 today, installs ok but try to run it and i get "Please insert DOOM 3 Disk 1, select OK and restart application". The Doom 3 Disk 1 is in the cd drive :(

tried the activision site and tried restalling drivers etc but doesnt work:( can anyone help?

pc specs. AMD athlon 3200, ati radeion 9600 512mb ddr ram, win xp pro sp1. gigabyte ga-7n400 pro2 nforce2 motherboard

EDIT: typo in title fixed

Doom3 uses copy protection which doesn't always work well with older cd drives, so as BBG says try another drive if possible.

Go to your drive vendor´s site and look for the latest firmware. Diablo II wouldn´t recognize my drive until I updated my firmware.

if your system has more than 1 cd drive some games tend to want to use the drive that comes first in the drive lettering

if your system has more than 1 cd drive some games tend to want to use the drive that comes first in the drive lettering

It doesn't default to the first driver letter, the default is the drive it's installed from, maybe you have alcohol, blindwrite, Nero or clonecd installed, something that uses a virtual drive, you might want to un-install that

chaosmaker said:

It doesn't default to the first driver letter, the default is the drive it's installed from, maybe you have alcohol, blindwrite, Nero or clonecd installed, something that uses a virtual drive, you might want to un-install that

actually some games do... i just said that as a possibility