Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cfcboy

Snowy pictue on Radeon 9800 !

Hi, I have been searching everywhere for an anwser to my problem but have had no joy whatsoever

I am running Doom 3 on a Radeon 9800 pro and im getting some serious graphics distortion. It looks like red and white dots everywhere. Someone said it maybe due to overclocking but thats impossible as I have played around with my graphics card in that way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cfcboy said:

Hi, I have been searching everywhere for an anwser to my problem but have had no joy whatsoever

I am running Doom 3 on a Radeon 9800 pro and im getting some serious graphics distortion. It looks like red and white dots everywhere. Someone said it maybe due to overclocking but thats impossible as I have played around with my graphics card in that way.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mhm, you mean you have NOT played around with overclocking, don´t you? Maybe the monitor cable is broken or the drivers are outdated. If you don´t experience these issues in any other OpenGL game, then it´s probably the drivers. Try updateing them or if the card is broken get a new one, I don´t know if there´s still a warranty on your card.

I hope this is simply a diver issue in the new beta or such, I have that same card (Hercules variant) and will be picking the game up tomorrow. Which drivers are you using, Cat 3.7 or Cat 3.8 beta?

I read a similar post on another board and someone said they had luck with the omegadrivers.net I’ve had them installed for the last week and been enjoying Far Cry with them(really is a great game, Demo is crap tho until you learn how to pick your battles). You might try them and tell me/us how that goes.

P.S. OMG ITS SNOWING IN HELL? THIS IS THE END OF THE WORLD!!!! hehehe

HackNeyed said:

I hope this is simply a diver issue in the new beta or such, I have that same card (Hercules variant) and will be picking the game up tomorrow. Which drivers are you using, Cat 3.7 or Cat 3.8 beta?

I read a similar post on another board and someone said they had luck with the omegadrivers.net I’ve had them installed for the last week and been enjoying Far Cry with them(really is a great game, Demo is crap tho until you learn how to pick your battles). You might try them and tell me/us how that goes.

P.S. OMG ITS SNOWING IN HELL? THIS IS THE END OF THE WORLD!!!! hehehe

Correction: The current catalyst drivers are 4.7, the next ones to be released are 4.8.

My brother has my 'old' Radeon 9800 Pro. He had no problems. Of course, I'm sure you tried to download the latest and greatest drivers. Also the newest Direct X.

People at planetdoom, rage3d and driverheaven are saying it's a heat issue, whats been most effective for those concerned, is too underclock your video card, the problem seems pretty consistant with the 9800 line of cards but affecting the XT owners just a little more than others.