Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
insertwackynamehere

Where and when did you got Doom III?

The point of this thread is to maybe realise we saw a fellow Doomer in the store :D

I got mine at Gamestop in the Gallery (Philadelphia Pennsylvania USA) on August 3rd, 2004 between 10:00 and 10:30

Got it yesterday... got 5.1 speakers with it and am waiting on my new sound card to arrive today... I am not playing it until I have the setup all good.

Do you know how HARD it is, having it installed in front of me and NOT playing it!?!?!?! Can't... hold... out... much longer!!!!!!

-Cub. =o)

P.S. I got it at my Local EB here in Sydney, Australia at the crack of Aug 3rd.

Monday, August 2nd at about 7:15pm at the gamestop on 44th and 6th in New York City. Playing with a nice set of headphones.

I'm obtaining the game right now. 62% done *evil laugh*

And for the record, I will buy the game later on. The thing is that it hasn't come out herein Finland yet...

If all goes well I’ll be picking it up the 4th at Software ect. afternoon-ish here in Bowling Green KY...

why must I be out of state today!!

Got mine at Gamestop in Santa Clarita, CA at 7pm Monday. Got home at 7:15am. Played until 3am. Got 3 hours of sleep.

Spent my night killing Zombies, only to wake up like a zombie in the morning. Should have taken the day off! hahaha

I got my pre-ordered copy a hour ago (10:30 am) at Babbage's in Layton, UT. I opened the box, hoping for a pewter figure... but all I found was anger.

Bought mine August 3 at the local BestBuy. They had what looked like six of the "pre-order, no game inside" boxes on the rack. One box next to two boxes and then the pattern repeated. The second set of two boxes had the real game in the back. Looks like I messed up that evening for one of the employees.

I downloaded it from somewhere.

Then the copy I preordered from ebgames arrived a couple days later.

-E

Pre-ordered mine from EB for a store pick-up. They didn't have any as of 12 o'clock Aug 3 so I bought one at Best Buy.

Stupid EB :(

Bill

Hehe, I pre-ordered mine too, but Best Buy had them :) I hate EB. They have the worst service and crappiest quality of used games. They'll accept anything a long as it's in less than 4 pieces..

You're all gonna laugh...but...

Got mine from my local wal-mart store, $45! =D

There were still like 10 copies left when I bought mine. WAL-MART PWNS j00!

Amaster said:

Monday, August 2nd at about 7:15pm at the gamestop on 44th and 6th in New York City. Playing with a nice set of headphones.

You were in the same line as me. :)
I managed to be 1st in line when I saw they were moving folks out of the store and into a line outside.

Great fun w/ headphones as well (married in an apartment), and the new video card is really showing off this game engine.

Downloaded it on the 31st (didn't play it but my bro did. I wanted to see how it ran and boy was I happy. Good appetizer.). Called EBgames and BestBuy on the 3rd and both of em said they didn't have it yet. I wen't to Best Buy to pick up my copy on the 4th at 10 am (right when it opened) and picked up my copy (I had butterflies in my stomach so bad that morning). I also asked the dude if they even sold any yet and he told me they sold tons of copies yesterday (figures. I guess I shoulda gone in person but it was still a perfect day to buy it anyways since it was my day off). My bro wanted his own copy (he's probly gonna get parts later on to have me build him a computer) so he wen't to ebgames with the preorder I had there (I had two preorders. One at bestbuy and one at ebgames) and bought it. Don't know how much it was at ebgames but at bestbuy with tax it came to 59.60 bucks. I beat the game on Marine difficulty . Played it for over 10 and a half hours straight the day I got it and made it to hell. Woke up next morning and beat it. I'd say it took me about 17 hours to beat it and that includes reading every email from every pda I found, played every audio log from every pda I found, and every video disk I found. I never got stuck or anything (pay attention and you never will) so I basically just blew straight through the game. I never really got scared (only when the pinky showed up) and I wasn't scared at all fighting the bosses due to the quicksave I made on every boss... I'm actually getting more scared my second time through the game (playing on veteran this time). I guess it's cause I'm not so excited about the game being out and now I can pay more attention to it or something. Overall this game is more than what I hoped for. The sound effects for weapons were'nt the best but you start appreciating em more and they soon start to go along with the feel of the game. The 5.1 sound is perfect on my sblive using latest audigy 2 drivers hacked. No glitches or anything just perfect. Used Zalman 5.1 headphones with max bass and treble and I also found the rear channels to be too quiet on the headphones so I had to make em louder through surround mixer. I find it just as good if not better than the original doom in it's own way. An amazing experience I'll never forget. Thank you ID software.