Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

Time Magazine article fails to mention Doomworld

Doomworld should have gotten mention in the Time Magazine Article: The Age of Doom that came out recently. In the article it is mentioned the whole realm of modifications for the original doom. The article should have linked to doomworld at that point as doomworld has the motherload of mods. Should not have someone contacted Time Magazine? Is it too late to get them to add a mention of doomworld in the online version of the article?

The article is more about Doom3 then about classic Doom. But you're welcome to send them an email anyway :)

Hellbent said:

doomworld has the motherload of mods

Do you mean the Hosted Sites, many of which are for big projects?

If you mean the archive, then I fear Ty Halderman might be a bit upset if Doomworld got credit for all his hard work there.

Good point. I guess doomworld is the easiest place to get the mods, though. And you get the doom 3 discussion forums, too, so it would make more sense to have a link to doomworld (and the name of the site doesn't hurt matters) than to newstuff or a hosted site of doomworld.

I fired off an email to the editor. If you'd like to read it, let me know.

Hellbent said:

Good point. I guess doomworld is the easiest place to get the mods, though. And you get the doom 3 discussion forums, too, so it would make more sense to have a link to doomworld (and the name of the site doesn't hurt matters) than to newstuff or a hosted site of doomworld.

I fired off an email to the editor. If you'd like to read it, let me know.

FYI Doomworld isn't the only place to get a lot of mods and definitely isn't the only place where Doom 3 forums are at. Just because we happen to inhabit Doomworld doesn't mean that it deserves any more attention than other websites or such (despite that huge egos that might say otherwise). Besides, we're getting enough newbies as it is, we don't need DW to be even more publicized.

party pooper. the article should make mention of some website that touts doom. If not doomworld, what site do you think the article should mention?