Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

IGN Is a Sad Panda

Seems that IGN couldn't get themselves an early copy of Doom 3 so they have to wait on line like the rest of us. This is actually true of everyone in the game reviewing biz; nobody got an advanced copy of the game, so you can expect to see a flood of reviews next week. However, you can still check out this preview on IGN and this preview on Gamespy of Doom 3 from that GPhoria thing mentioned a few days ago.

FP!

Cyb said:

so you can expect to see a flood of reviews next week.

Heh, i'l be waiting for them.

I read the IGN article and I hate how they claim that the piracy downloads have already cost people some 2 million dollars. I'll go ahead and admit that I downloaded the game on Friday, but I, as with almost every single solitary person I know, we pre-ordered and pre-paid for the game. Does that count as losing money for piracy if we already paid for the game? I think not. I can name at least 50 people that have downloaded the game and can show you receipts for it. I'm sure there's half a million more. Pirates aren't assholes nor are we usually theives. 2.75 million in lost sales is a very, very skewed number.

Why would you download the warez if you've already pre-ordered and paid for it?

Ichor said:

Why would you download the warez if you've already pre-ordered and paid for it?

Because some people are so impatient they'd risk it just to have it 2 days early.

Except on the fastests of connections, it will probably take that long just to download this monster of a game.

Mancubus II said:

Because some people are so impatient they'd risk it just to have it 2 days early.

Exactly. I am such a creature. :)

Huh...I thought my site was the only place that couldn't get Doom in advance.