Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
norros

WINDOWS 2003 SERVER ???!!! running Doom3!!

Ok, I just went to EBGames and purchased a copy of Doom3 and it won't run on 2003 Server.
I'm wondering if there is a fix, or if I'm going to have to go with XP and do a complete reinstall... (I'm a sys admin so it's no biggie but I love 2003 Server).
I run FARCRY on 2003 server with no problems..

ANYONE know of a workaround ? or WHY Doom 3 doesn't run on 2003 Server ?

Thanks

Nicholas

Can you actually install the game or does the Setup program stop you? Try taking all the stuff outta the setup/base folders on your cds and whacking it in a Doom directory yourself then trying it.

I'm running on 2000 Server no probs.

Trilinear said:

Can you actually install the game or does the Setup program stop you? Try taking all the stuff outta the setup/base folders on your cds and whacking it in a Doom directory yourself then trying it.

I'm running on 2000 Server no probs.

Yeah, 2000 server, not 2003.

But this patch really works on me,n' i assure u it'll works on win98/me too~

n' plz remember when u use this patch better with WINISO to do it!

ps: sry for my poor english=D

norros said:

Ok, I just went to EBGames and purchased a copy of Doom3 and it won't run on 2003 Server.
I'm wondering if there is a fix, or if I'm going to have to go with XP and do a complete reinstall... (I'm a sys admin so it's no biggie but I love 2003 Server).
I run FARCRY on 2003 server with no problems..

ANYONE know of a workaround ? or WHY Doom 3 doesn't run on 2003 Server ?

Thanks

Nicholas

Are you trying to install it on the server? In which case, install it on another machine, copy the installed directory over and then run on the server, I assume your not playing on the server just setting up a dedicated doom 3 server. In which case take a look at:
ccg-limited.co.uk/websites/doom3
It will allow you to create a .bat file for running the server (it crashes a lot so needs to be re-run) and a .cfg file suited to your needs.

I found a very good work around and have it installed on 2003 server. Now there still remains the problem of 100% CPU. My server is no slouch either, 3200+/1.5gig ram, but that CPU at 100% bothers me.

performance tip for 2003 systems -- make sure Processor scheduling is set for "Programs" (System Properties / Advanced / Performance Settings / Advanced). changing from "Background services" let me run a resolution higher at same fps.