Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alboroto

...co-exist happily...

I was triying to find some info on Doom 3 and came across this.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Doom 3 - Spreading a Message of Hate?
written by Steve Dove on Tuesday, August 03, 2004

The world is a cruel and unfair place. Sure, some people would like you to believe that people can get along with others, that they can share the resources and land we all have rights to, but that’s just not true. Everywhere you look there’s intolerance, from television to films to video games. But among all of the groups out there who feel the awful sting of prejudice, none is more commonly demonized than demons.
Demons Doomed Unfairly

That’s right--demons, hell-spawn, ghouls, and horrors are often the targets of video game massacres. While some Senators may find it important to stand up and fight the portrayal of violence against human women, nary a word of contest is uttered in defense of the poor, helpless demon. And while there have been many offenders in the world of video games with recent titles such as Ninja Gaiden and Onimusha 3, there is perhaps no franchise more hateful to the denizens of the underworld than the Doom franchise.

First released over a decade ago for the PC, the original Doom put gamers in the head of a ruthless killing machine hell-bent on inter-dimensional genocide. After human scientists brazenly tapped into an alternate dimension known as Hell, the underworld fought back against the incursion of man into their tranquil natural habitat. But was this natural reaction by the innocent demons met with kindness and understanding?—No! Instead, the player was encouraged to grab a chainsaw and a shotgun and start hacking up the poor, innocent creatures, rather than finding an amiable solution in which humans and hell-spawn could co-exist happily. And perhaps the worst part of the whole ordeal is that the game became a major hit, successfully warping the minds of our youth and creating a sequel.

Three Times the Pain

But the hate-mongers over at id Software aren’t through--now they’ve released a third installment in the Doom series. Billed as a re-imagining of the first game, Doom 3 casts the demons in an even worse light. Instead of being flat, pixilated avatars, these new demons are full 3D, highly detailed, and highly distorted views of your average, friendly creature from the underworld. For example, demons are depicted as shooting fireballs at the player character whereas it’s well known that the noble hell-spawn uses such fireballs solely for sending mating signals. Furthermore, the game shows numerous denizens of the underworld leaping from the shadows aggressively as though they’re unprovoked. Excuse me, but did the demons bust into the human’s dimension first? I think not!

And finally, the whole story of Doom 3 takes place on Mars (as opposed to the moon Phobos from the original). The humans have wantonly disturbed the demons’ habitat, and yet they expect to keep some dusty research station in space? The very least they could do would be to acquiesce the installation to the creatures of Hell as an apology. Who wants to live on Mars anyway? Then entire planet should be quarantined as a natural preserve for hell-spawn and the humans should look to further exploration in our solar system elsewhere. I hear Saturn is very nice this time of year.

Demon-strate Tolerance

The hate must stop. Demons are not the enemy—intolerance, like the kind perpetuated by id Software and its Doom franchise, is. We must put a stop to the violence in our children’s entertainment before a pre-teen ends up following the example he’s been given and busts a cap in some innocent demon. Our future depends on it.

----------------------------------------------------------

Fuck the whales, fuck the Ozone layer...

LET'S PROTECT THE INNOCENT DEMONS!!!

...I need some coffee...

Hahaha. Must be an attorney from hell.

Then again I am the co-founder of the "Association of Protection for Gargoyles and other beast races"

Alboroto said:

Instead, the player was encouraged to grab a chainsaw and a shotgun and start hacking up the poor, innocent creatures, rather than finding an amiable solution in which humans and hell-spawn could co-exist happily.

Impse....?

destx said:

This is a joke. It has to be.

Sheez, how could you read more than a few lines of this and not be convinced?

Too obviously a joke. In fact, that's an understatement.

This dudes been hittin up the crack pipe a little too hard...

AndrewB said:

Sheez, how could you read more than a few lines of this and not be convinced?

Too obviously a joke. In fact, that's an understatement.

You never know. There are some strange, crack loving people out there.

"There should be a version of doom where you talk to the enemies, try and see thier point of view..deep down they just need help, really. You could teach them knitting"-A bloke in my job-finding thingy yesterday

/imagines an Doom 3 imp leaning back on a psychiatrist's couch, laughs self into coma

Reminds me of that "Cloud" guy who made a joke regarding doom 3 starting an international backlash from Satanists offended by doom 3s "daemon genocide."

Anyway, you gotta be really careful with impse... seems like the demons have feelings, and the could feel used by you and then have broken hearts, and eat a lot of ice cream triying to forget you.

Poor, poor demons...

Or, you can fuck the demon, then realize what you just did, shoot her and then shoot yourself.

...I need some coffee...

is this guy saying he wants us to be freinds with demons... well, if can go an hour without having is lungs being ripped out of his eyes then go ahead... i have no idea how doom is bad, if hellspawned demons arive, everyone dies but one guy, who can do stuff like go invicable with codes... its the rules of life...

Bashe said:

This Steve Dove guy sounds like a real jackass.

Yea man! This guy has gone way too far! We need to devise a plan to show this guy why being so incredibly serious about saving demons is not the right thing to do!

Could Steve Dove be somekind of Gay Satanist, or a member of greenpeace's hell division?

Or could he be a plain asshole, who workships Barney and the Telettubbies? (man, that would be hell...)

What a dumbassed article, ofcourse BALL gAMe. It was a big mistake he made that dumn article. He should eat a bag if shitlets, HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL L
Doom is not bad this is dumb game with something kills demons in it.
Satan worshippers shit marble.