Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KraXed112

Anyone know what network ports doom3 needs?

I bought the game 2 days ago.. and since then i have been having trouble even getting a list of servers.. i would have to exit the game a couple times before a list would show up.. and even then sometimes i wouldn't be able to connect it would stay stuck at the connect screen and would never give me the waiting for authorization screen.. i only have been able to connect to one game since i've bought it..

can anyone help please?

thanx

You normally don't need to forward ports on a firewall/router unless you're actually hosting the server. One thing you could try, if possible, is removing the router from the config entirely, meaning just plug in your internet connection from modem to computer and attempt to play. If it's ok doing that, then it must be something in the way the router is handling the traffic, if it doesn't then it looks like a more localized problem on your machine.

**WARNING** Make sure you have all the latest windows updates before openly exposing a windows machine to the intarweb sans router/firewall.

I think, after poking around in the config files that the server uses port 1080. Not sure if thats udp or tcp though.

Well after plugging in the modem directly to the computer it works out very well..
so it is something on the router.. i will try out port 1080
later on..
any one else know if netstat would actually show me what ports needed?