Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cauthon

Doom 3 cd-key

I know this sounds completely stupid, but I cannot find the CD-key for my copy of Doom3. Inside the jewel case, outside the jewel case, on the manual, nowhere is it printed.

So, can someone please tell me where theirs was at so I can can tell if I'm just totally blind or if I need to take this back?

On the rear of the manual. You could also try looking on and inside the paper jewel case insert.

[EDIT]
Just copy everything from the Setup\Base folder in your Doom 3 cds to a folder on your hard drive, then run the game. The only thing which requires the CD key is the installation process which I usually bypass(and possibly online play).

That's just it, at some point I would like to do some multiplayer, but as it is I wouldn't be able to w/o putting in the cd-key. Which apparently I either A) don't have or B) am being too stupid to find.

Also, I've looked over the inserts, through the manual and on the covers. All the places you normally find 'em, but nothing :(.

Mine is in the place where disk 4 would be, if there was one in the jewel case.

Was your box tape sliced open? The only thing keeping a warez version of the game not living up to the full potential of the boxed version is the cd-key. Solution? Go to store, open box, take cd key. Just go back to the store for an exchange.

My copy of quake3 had a missing cdkey, but ID helped me out, so maybe if you can't find it ask them.

Play online? Doubt i'll ever do that with my 56k...trusty as it is with doom...doom3 is a 3d game...=(

Returned it today after work and traded for a different copy. After cutting it open on the counter, could see just fine what the problem was.

Instead of having a front and back cover for the jewel case, it had the front cover on both sides /smackhead.

Ah well, new copy's loading now. Thanks for the advice guys :)

The cd key is under disk 3, took me 2 hours to realize that, *Singing* IM SO SMRT, S M R T, Because im SMRT!.