Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
amtmjm1

serious sound issue please help

I have a pentium 1.6ghz 1 gb of ram windows xp geforce fx 5200 and a sound blaster live card. Every time a load up the game during the id screen the sound works fine but when I click on new game and it goes to the loading screen when it get off the loading screen and you start to hear the lady voice everything repeats I pressed esc to get to the game and anytime I talk to somebody all it does is constantly repeat. What I have done so far is upgraded to directX 9.0C I've also installed the newest geforce drivers and I was trying to install the new sound blaster live drivers now it will go through the installiation and after that I will have to reboot my computer after it comes up no sound what so ever I've tried to install the patch after I installed the drivers no go. I have to uninstall the drivers and go back to the windows wdm drivers that are automatically put in there because it is windows xp and those drivers are native to xp. I just tried the game on medium and low setting still the same problem I'm lost right now I can't think of anything else to try and why I'm experiencing this problem if anybody has any suggestion please post them thank you

The main problem what is happening is the sound constaly repeats it sound like a broken record

ps I've done the hard accelration and dropped it down no go I've uninstalled and reinstalled 3 different driver revisions from soundblaster
I've install 4 different nvidia drivers no go
I've already check the game sorround sound is not enable

PLEASE HELP THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE THAT ARE HAVING THE SAME ISSUE IF ANYBODY HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS LET ME KNOW THANX

Yeah, I've had the same problem and have yet to fix it. Interestingly, (at least in my case) after I enter a new area this stuttering/looping happens, with the sound snagging up about every couple seconds. While fooling around with it though, I noticed through out the entire period my HDD LED blinks once every second. Now, the really weird thing is that 10 minutes (maybe longer) after I enter a new area the HDD LED stops blinking and the stuttering is completely gone. I don't necessarily even have to play during this time, I just have to enter the area, press ESC and go to the menu, then go watch some TV for a bit. I come back, resume my game, and it runs fine.

Needless to say, it kinda ruins the atmosphere, so I'd of course still like to fix it, so I'll contribute what I have to help figure this out:

ASUS k8v SE Deluxe MBoard
Athlon 64 3200+
1 GB of PC2700 RAM
Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB (Currently using Catalysts 4.7)
Soundblaster Audigy Gamer
Windows XP
Direct X 9.0b

So here's what I've tried myself:
Switching Radeon Drivers - tried 4.7, the leaked 4.8, the 4.9 Hotfix (Done with Driver Cleaner just to make sure)
Clean Installation of newest Audigy drivers
kX Project Drivers
Increased AGP Aperture Size from 64 to 128
Turned off Fastwrite
That seta image_useCache, CacheMegs and CacheMink Tweak
Turned down Audio Acceleration to Basic
Switched from Quadrophic Speaker setup to 3 speaker Stereo setup
Performance Mode for the Open GL Settings
Turned on Triple Buffering
Lots of fiddling with in game settings
And yes, my Hard Disk is Defragged

That is, I believe, everything I have tried. I've yet to try the pak decompression thing just because it doesn't sound like it actually does anythings besides make it harder to load up the game. If I stumble across any miracle cure I will let you know.

try putting this in autoexec.cfg or your doomconfig.cfg file

bind "x" "s_restart"

play the game and hit "x" anytime the sound messes up.

Works with my Asus A7N8X deluxe