Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SYS

Super Shotgun Mod for Doom 1

Has such a mod ever been made? I was kind of curious as to what it would be like running around the episodes of Doom on nightmare with a super shotgun.

Extract all the SSG resources from Doom2, put them in a PWAD and run ZDoom with it. Then you know. With any other source port you'd have tzo use Dehacked and sacrifice another weapon because the SSG cannot be used when Doom1 is run.

I think EDGE (or maybe on of the later DosDoom's) could load both IWAD's at once. Not sure if this is still around in newer versions.

I've heard of it being done before. Unfortunately, it makes the game much too easy and actually quite boring. I haven't heard of anyone taking the super shotgun out of Doom 2 before. How much more of a challenge would that be?

Ichor: Actually, that would be quite a challenge! Heck, if somebody could rig up a simple DEH patch that would turn the SSG into a regular shotgun, then I'm sure Doom 2 would be oodles more challenging.

I have a link to a wad I made in this thread. The wad is for Zdoom and it puts the SSG in Doom.

I could do it in EDGE, but I'd replace the box of shells with the SSG to help things a bit.