Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AntonisCy

Save/Load (DOOM 3)

whenever i try to save somewhere in the game and then go back to load, it takes me at the begining of the stage.. why is that? cant u get back from where u first saved?

please help

Well this isnt a free doom port, They dont want you saving every 3 steps or itd take the challenge out. You can only restart a map from the start, SO b4 you get up and go finsh your level untill it says its saving. BTW, how do you pause?

my friend said he cant save at a point and then load and he is back exactly where he saved at... so how can this be happening? what do i have to do ?

I submit potential user error.

There's no one definitive answer here. I, for example, quicksave quite often, just press the F5 key and it's saved. I can then easily load that game if I die, or hit F9 if I want to be a pussy and redo a part that I feel I could have done better on. Never has it not loaded a save game properly.

AntonisCy said:

after i save, i go to load and when i try to load it it takes me to the begining of the stage:(

Tried it with F5 F9 already?

I just got the game and I'm playing it on veteran and truthfully i'm not a great player, lol i knew it'd be too hard but this is Doom and all HELL is breaking...

So anyway, my menu saves and quick saves load up just fine every time unless i copy the no gibing Mod's pak into the main dir or use the Mod menu then no matter which save i pick it starts me at the last autosave, and i believe a save with it in the dir wont load and defaults to the last autosave when the mod is gone.

I haven't passed a level with the Mod, cause when the bodies don't go away and are slumpped aginst the wall i keep shooting as other sneak up behind me!! lol

the awesome Mod “Ungibbable (1.0)” is here http://doom3.filefront.com/

But what if there are multiple people using the computer? Then you will save on each other's quicksaves. In that case you gotta make a real save before you quit.

Now to Antonis's question: ok let's do the saving and loading process step by step.

Saving:
1-press esc
2-hit save game
3-type stuff in (Flamingo!) If you want to overwrite a previous save, just click it.
4-hit save

Loading:
1-If you are at the main menu, hit load game (if you are in game, hit esc first)
2-find what you typed in before (Flamingo!
3-click it. use your index finger to click things. you'll need a mouse.
4-click load game.

Congratulations! If you got lost, I'll find the unabridged version for you.

Raptor said:

Well this isnt a free doom port, They dont want you saving every 3 steps or itd take the challenge out. You can only restart a map from the start, SO b4 you get up and go finsh your level untill it says its saving. BTW, how do you pause?

I save my games (no quick save) and it load me back exactly where I left off just like Doom and Doom II. I save alot and there is nothing wrong with it.

Here is how I save:

Hit ESC
Click Save
Type me a save game title or select an old one
Click save
Hit ESC to go back to the game

AntonisCy said:

after i save, i go to load and when i try to load it it takes me to the begining of the stage:(

i just encountered the same problem but HackNeyed was onto the right answer. last night i saved a number of mid-map games and then toyed around with some mods. this morning, with the mods still in place, all my saved games started me at the beginning of each corresponding map. i just renamed the \def and \script folders tho and now my saved games load properly again.

Just click F5, then when you die, reload the quicksave not the start of the levels - no problem here. And BTW, in tough areas I have saved every 5 steps, lol.

yeah i think everyone knows how to save/load -- this is a different issue. apparently for some of us, once a mid-map game is saved and then you add some mods... then those saved games load at the beginning of the map, instead of mid-map (where they should).

cgsouthern, all i did to get around this was renamed my \def and \script folders to \xdef and \xscript (thus temporarily disabling the use of the mods).