Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Janderson

Any Infighting Yet?

A few minutes ago I saw a Revenant try to beat the shit out of a Z-sec (or however you spell it). So there is some, to an extent.

I saw an imp own a zombie with a well placed fireball, but I'm not sure if it was aimed at me and I dodged in time or what.

Infighting is possible, but enemies do a good job of not shooting each other by always heading for a clear shot. I don't think enemies in the same species can infight, but I have seen a Hell Knight fight an Imp, however fair that was. :P

I could swear I saw a fat zombie shove past an imp in a narrow hallway, but I was dodging behind a door and I currently have no sound.

Seen a few. Last I remember was a caco toasting a chaingun zombie to death.

Which was nice cause at the time I had 28 health and those damn chaingunners pick the crap out of your health from pretty far away.

Sephiroth said:

the drones will attack anything, accept you, if that counts. i did see an imp turn on a zombie

Not true. Try shooting (even inadvertently) a sentry drone and it WILL fire back at you.

I've seen quite a few incidents of infighting. You don't see it often because it would appear the AI tries to avoid it, but I've seen a Revenant beat and rocket the shit out of imps, Chaingun Tentacle Rape Commandos, and even Arch-Viles.

The arch-viles seem to have the most bellicose attitudes of them all. I've had at least one incident in which they had completely obliterated all opponents in the room I was in (they like to summon said tentacle rape zombie commanos) mostly because I was leading their line of fire right into the Arch-Vile.

Anyone else notice the swift fluidity of the Revenant's rockets? Here I am thinking, "Well I'll just run around this corner and peak out and blast him in the face after the rocket hits."

How right I was... It chased me around the corner at top speed (a nice right angle) and through an open doorway and wasted me on the spot. I think they did good.

Also, Hell Knights very strongly dislike stray Cacodemon blasts. :D

Raptor said:

Ive seen zombies Slap at each other, and an imp own a zombie.

Impse, anyone?

I'd love to see an imp cock with bump-mapping and specular highlights. It would make my day. :D

i saw a revenant beat the shit out of a commando (the revenant kinda walked into the commando's hail of bullets and got pissed off). the door closed since i was trying to avoid the fire. i open the door and see the skinny sumbitch wailing on the commando.

i wish the commando would have looked surprised or something (it would have been even better if they would have started yelling at each other).

Laguna said:

I'd love to see an imp cock with bump-mapping and specular highlights. It would make my day. :D

Dude...

-E

if you REALLY want to see some good infighting, run around with god mode on. they cant kill you, but they can for damn sure kill each other (also good demo material).

actually, that would be a good idea. doom3 vids of nothing but infighting. do it long enough and im sure ud get some really funny shit.

Laguna said:

Chaingun Tentacle Rape Commandos

^^^ Hahaha! I really need to stop reading these posts when I'm tired...

BTW, that monster infighting demo idea rocks.