Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Janderson

Those Tissue Box Moments

I'm usually a pretty emotionally hardened man. That being said, I had to leave the room at the end of Disney's "The Kid" because of the kid's parents being a little too close to home. Nothing else has ever hit me like that. EVER.

The end of Shindler's List, the end of Return of the King (I have no idea why), and the end of Big Fish. The end of Requiem for a Dream mad me sad, but that was overwhelmed by the feelings of nausea it also instilled in me. Good lord, that movie was intesne. I also get a little teary with some romantic comedies (Chasing Amy and When Harry Met Sally are the best examples).

I've found that the older I get, the more I cry at movies. Probably because the more I live, the more movies there are that remind me of my life.

No movie, ever, has ever made me cry. A few have disturbed or shocked me, and definitely some have made me laugh, but none have ever made me cry.

DooMBoy said:

No movie, ever, has ever made me cry. A few have disturbed or shocked me, and definitely some have made me laugh, but none have ever made me cry.

The Green mile. When John COffey was being prepared for execution.

There have been others but this is the only one I can think of right now.

DooMBoy said:

Silverwyvern said:

The Crucible.. 30 minutes of nonstop bawling... I never watched it again.

Yeah, there are some movies which are great but you cant watch them again because it's so depressing.

The end of About Shmidt with that picture the orphan kid drew...I really don't know why it made me bawl. But Jack Nicholson was crying too so it was cool...

ROTJ, American Beauty, American History X... there's more, but i really need a poo.

ROTJ? I hope you mean ROTK. If you cry over Return of the Jedi, I think you have some issues. :P Though it did kinda suck that his dad didn't see the light until the moment he died. :( (ops spoiler lol)

Amaster said:

Yeah, there are some movies which are great but you cant watch them again because it's so depressing.

That's how it is for me with Requiem for a Dream. It was very, very good, but so fucking creepy that I can never watch it again.

Requiem for A Dream is a fantastic movie, I can't get enough of it.

Oh, and I guess I should mention that I cried at the end of Land Before Time the first time I saw it. Most animated movies got to me when I was a kid. An American Tail, The Secret of NIMH...

Yup, most romantic comedies do it for me.
The last one I remember is Shallow Hal, where he sees the girl from the burn ward properly. Awwww.

Danarchy said:

ROTJ? I hope you mean ROTK. If you cry over Return of the Jedi, I think you have some issues. :P Though it did kinda suck that his dad didn't see the light until the moment he died. :( (ops spoiler lol)

The whole idea about finally meeting your dad, then having him die on you, really fucks me up :'(

Ok, now i've had my poo :

The Green Mile
About Schmidt (The scene at the end when he get's his reply...)
Donnie Darko (Not sure why)
Highlander (Bleedin' obvious, really)

Spike said:

Who waaants to liiiiive FOREVAAAAAHHH!!!!

The end of Gladiator, oddly...
Boy's dont cry

and Ghostbusters 2 scared the shit out of me and made me cry when i was like 5

Go Toward The Light - some kid gets AIDS, keeps getting sicker and eventually dies. Loved it the first time I saw it on TV, didn't have much of an effect when I finally tracked a copy down on ebay and watched it again.

All Dogs Go To Heaven and Bambi worked on me, but I was 8 or 9 when I watched those.

Technically.. I cry during every movie... I cried when Gimli says 'he fell' in TTT... if the movie has a sand part. I cry.. Lilo and stitch... hell.. take a violin and play a sad song.. yup. mucho crying.. I'm like a big open emotion sore.

When I was in Sweden this summer I saw some German movie on TV where this guys dad had alzheimer's... It nearly destroyed the family and he eventually turned his dad loose near an autobahn, obviously to try to kill him (sounds very cold now, but when watching the movie you realize that he doesn't have very many alternatives). VERY unsettling movie...

deathbringer said:

The end of Gladiator, oddly...

I know exactly what you mean; forgot about that one...

Spike said:

Oooh, yeah. That whole "Who Wants to Live Forever" scene was rather moving. :(

Also, I can't believe I forgot this since its one of my favorite movies, but I always get a little choked up at the end of 12 Monkeys. I've seen it a dozen times and yet every time, I go ;_;

Uhhh, Final Fantasy 7 actually made me cry when I was like 9. The whole thing about Aeris and her parents story was a bit sad. But I don't think a movie has done it for me yet.