Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sambobbilly

for those who have played....

for those who have been blessed with this fine art of a game, coud u answer a few questions? thx

-does doomguy speak, or is it all selcted things to say
-can u save anyware and load anywhere?
-howz hell?
-do things really crwal after if ur in an airvent or somit
-how goods the AI?
-can u use the flashlight and a gun at the same time?
-do u tend to find urself backpeddaling alot to shoot monsters, or is fighting more fun?

and, finally, wat would u rate the game?
(out of wateva)

sambobbilly said:

1-does doomguy speak, or is it all selcted things to say
2-can u save anyware and load anywhere?
3-howz hell?
4-do things really crwal after if ur in an airvent or somit
5-how goods the AI?
6-can u use the flashlight and a gun at the same time?
7-do u tend to find urself backpeddaling alot to shoot monsters, or is fighting more fun?

1-doomguy doesn't speak
2-you can save and load anywhere, and quicksaving is almost instant
3-not there yet, but I teleported through it and it looked amazing. Didn't see much though.
4-What. Yeah stuff...crawls around and stuff...
5-The zombie with gun AI is pretty good. Imp AI isn't too bad. Zombies just kinda walk towards you.
6-no. I think it's awesome.
7-A little bit of both. Imps I usually charge them, because a point blank sg will kill them. Marines, just throw a grenade, or backpedal. Pinkies and revenants, run.

I give it a 660/666, on account of tentacle arm zombies being too hard.

Hell was hot :P Seriously though, very atmospheric, as the rest of the game, it's cool.

The rest has been answered.

There are no enemies in vents or any place where you have to duck to get through. There are a few scripted sequences where Imps will jump out of vents and Trites and Ticks will walk from under low walls, but those are scripted.

Enemy AI for all enemies is basically the same. They just run as close as possible to you and fire a shot whenever they want to. Only scripted enemies and enemies who can't reach your position will do anything different. I tried a little expirement to test the AI by simply standing still and aiming the chainsaw at whatever enemy I saw and see if the enemy, even if it has a long range attack, will simply run up to me and get chopped up by the chainsaw. Aside from ones who couldn't reach my position, I couldn't find one enemy who didn't decide to run face first into my chainsaw. That pretty much describes the AI.

I've seen an imp move to the side to dodge a shotgun blast as well as a couple other monsters. Besides that, the AI is all A and no I.

-E

The zombie marines have good AI. They find cover and crouch and use well timed attacks. They also take make sure to be concealed when not shooting at you. As for the demons, they charge because they are friggin demons.

the tenticle commandos suck... i hate those things. and they can hit u from a surprisingly long way off.

the armor on the Z-sec zombies is a pain too... but a rocket or a grenade will send em flying. (if an explosive causes the killing blow to any non boss creature they go flying, including hell knights and mancubi- i saw a mancubus sit on a grenade and the damn thing hit the cieling- spiders/cherubs just kinda disentegrate)

Godshatter said:

the tenticle commandos suck... i hate those things. and they can hit u from a surprisingly long way off.

If you crouch, the tenticle zombies can't hit you. But they will come up close and kick you.

-E

Endureth said:

If you crouch, the tenticle zombies can't hit you. But they will come up close and kick you.

-E

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA they will kick you? thats hilarious.