Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UDeMaio53

Gamepads

Is it possible to configure Doom 3 to work with a gamepad, because I just ordered a part that will allow me to use my PS2 controller on my PC and I would definitly like being able to play with that instead of using a keyboard and a mouse.

I'll never understand how people can play a FPS on a gamepad. You cant beat the accurace of a mouse. I have halo for the Xbox and its so much easier to aim on the PC. I mean I understand why games like KOTOR can be more fun on a gamepad but FPSs were meant for the keyboard and mouse.

exactly.... but some people just can't part with the game pad. honestly i would take a gamepad right now because my mouse sucks, keeps spinning out on me.
i have clean, cleaned and recleaned that mouse. maybe its time to get a new one, after all i got it shortly after the first opticals came out.

yea a new opticle mouse is like only 20 bucks. You should really invest in one. Its such a necessary part and so cheap to upgrade.

The answer is yes, but it will take some work. After about an hour I got mine perfect.

Download joytokey

http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA016823/joytokey/english.html

Once you have it, go to the "others" tab on the right. Here, click "uses axes besides X and Y". At the bottom, move the threshold slider about 5%.

Now go back to your joystick tab. Now you have all sorts of axes to work with! Since you'll be using dual analog, hopefully your axes are the same as mine. The first 2 are the X axis on the left analog. The second 2 are the Y axis on the left analog. If you're anything like me, you can set WASD keys to these.

Now the right analog was harder. I think the 4th axes were the vertical, and the 6th axes were the horizontal, but yours may be different.

For your looking axes, you're going to want to set these to mouse movements. To make an axis do some mouse movements, double click and click the mouse tab. Fool around there with the mouse movements. Once you think you've got your mouse axes set, try em. It should move the cursor.

Ok you should be able to play around with everything from there.

EDIT: woo I sure type slow.

I don't think id should have left out something so fundamental.

I mean, I personally swear by keyb/mouse myself like most reasonable persons, but there are times when I can't carry a fucking desk around with me and I still want to play my games.