Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[FnG]Lazz

Any news on the demo?

sandmanfvr said:

Not to be rude, but most people have the game (like me) and are not worrying about a demo. :)

I don't have the game (unlike you) and am worrying about a demo. :P

Yeah, but not to be rude *cough* There are some that still don't have the game. So really, don't comment on a subject that doesn't apply to you. ok?

LorD BaZTArD said:

Yeah, but not to be rude *cough* There are some that still don't have the game. So really, don't comment on a subject that doesn't apply to you. ok?

And you are going to stop me posting, HOW??!! I was just making the comment that he wasn't going to get a reply, or many of them, cause most people have pre ordered this game and are playing it. DUH! If you don't like my post, don't read it. I don't need a punk trying to tell me what to do. At least the guy above you posted in fun (I had a smilie in my post, if you didn't notice) you just want to flame.

Let's calm down guys.

Surprisingly, there's still a LOT of people who don't have the game, including many people in europe and other areas.

Hey, no need to get agressive. In my eyes, smilie or not You were trolling and I still think you are, but what can I do about it? You're right, not a thing but needlessly stupid remarks are not going to acheive anything. People are hoping a demo comes out soon, and they are allowed to want a demo to try the game.

Oh and incase you didn't notice, my "not to be rude" comment was a direct jab at you saying the same thing, I saw your comments as obnoxious, I mean come on, in a thread about a demo, you go and say "ah who cares about a demo"

Smart move dumbass.

I was just stating the facts. Most people are playing and don't care about the demo. I mean that is that. I don't care if you liked my post or not cause I was just stating my opinion and then you start something. Plus if you want to call names, do it somewhere else. I mean seriously, if people paid attention to this forum they would know that most people here are not posting but playing. It was booming here till Doom 3 starting going on the shelves, then deadsville. DUH!! People are playing. I understand those that don't have the game want the demo, I guess they need to wait even though it sucks for them (I feel for them). But I am going to state my opinion one more time for you since you are slow and can't understand it:

Most people on this forum have the game and won't reply to this demo thread and even if they do, they are not going to worrying about a demo since they have the game already.

Call me what you want, I stated my opinion now get over yourself. I meant no offense to the thread starter but I don't have to have your approval of my posts. End of discussion.

Wow guys chill. I was just asking about the demo for a GAME which a LOT of people don't have. No need to create a flame war

sandmanfvr said:

I was just stating the facts. Most people are playing and don't care about the demo. I mean that is that.

I don't care if you liked my post or not cause I was just stating my opinion and then you start something.

So are you stating fact or opinion?

sandmanfvr then said:

Most people on this forum have the game and won't reply to this demo thread and even if they do, they are not going to worrying about a demo since they have the game already.

This is not actually true. You have only been registered here for a month, so perhaps you aren't the most qualified person to say what the rest of the place is probably doing.

You may state your opinion, and I have no trouble with your first post, but don't get so defensive, there's no need.

Seriously, the flaming will end. Lord Baztard and sandmanfvr, I have been seeing a lot of hostility and flaming posts coming from you guys. The idea of these forums is to allow free and open discussion of Doom 3, not to dictate where you can or can't post, and not to lie or flame others.

Once again, many people on these forums do NOT have the game, and even if they did chances are the demo will not just be a segment of the game, but something different, something even owners of the game may be interested in checking out.

One more outburst of flaming in this thread and bye-bye it goes.

Sorry for flaming, but me being registered for one month means nothing. I have been on many forums and had 1000's of post and I have been on forums waiting for games to come out, so I do know how it works. My first post wasn't a flame, but it came off that way. Oh well, my bad. But please don't think since I haven't been on THIS forum for long I don't know what I am talking about. My apologies [FnG]Lazz, didn't mean anything by my post. :)

Ok. I'll stop flaming the guy. The thing is though, I may be a professional lurker, but seeing this guy who registers last month just go out and make a rather dumb claim? I'm sorry, I had to comment.

He's apologised, which is a good step. It's all good.

Now, you may be a longtime user of other forums, but don't forget, that alot of forums are fairly noob-unfreindly, this one isn't any different.

Still doesn't matter that I am new, my post was relavent. Look at it, me and you are going back and forth, but anybody else really posting? No, most are playing. Thus my first post came off assy I admit that, but I was right: many people are playing and won't post on the topic of a demo. ;)

Guys, I dont really care who has posted the most or least, or who is the best lurker etc.

The thread is asking people if they have any information regarding the Doom 3 demo, lets keep it that way please

Heh that thread you posted is entirely based on rumour.
I'd probably download the demo anyway, even though I have the full game. Just for larfs.

I think the fact is most people playing the game right now live in the US. Meanwhile I'm here in Canada and still don't have the game despite the fact that the relase date of the 5th for North America doesn't seem to apply here. Heh. So if there was a demo id be tempted to download the thing just because I don't have the game.. I looked all over for the game today and came up with a case of beer instead. Basically Future Shop sucks rat nuts because they didn't honor my Aug 5th preorder... even says Available Aug 5th on thier dumb site. So they failed it.

Sorry I'm on a rant.

I think theres lots of guys who would like to download the demo now if they could due to still waiting for the game and they're not all Europeans either.

*drinks a cold beer*

By the way are there any Canadians around here that have the game? Would be nice to know. ;)

If the demo comes out before the 13th then i'll probably get it, but if the demo has original content, i will most likely get it also along with the full product.
But ive not heard anything on the demo as of yet. :(

I have the game, but I'd still get the demo just to see what part of the game they chose and what changes there might be. Particularly with the PDAs.

How are they going to ensure that people under 18 don't download the demo? The game has a mature rating so wouldn't it be illegal to just let anyone download it?

-E

Endureth: The demo for Quake 3 Arena was rated M, so would it be illegal for a kid to download it?

Anyhow, I'd like a demo so I can make sure that I can actually run the game before I go out and buy it. (Even though I know I'll have to upgrade anyway.)