geX

Doom3 map

Raptor said:

In the console hit e1m1

"I dont think so, Tim"

Put e1m1.pk4 into ./base
Run game and get into the console.
Run the command: map e1m1
Be happy with non sentry monsters, no doors and gaps in the wall where you can watch the void.
(If you shoot at the gaps the bullets puffs like there is a wall... strange o.o)

Is that black cube at the end supposed to be a zombie? I mean, it's making the idle sounds of a zombie, but it's a black cube.

This map has so many errors, i consider it unplayable.

But now, the teachery i got at scool in AutoCAD Inventor pays off ^.^
Here is my first work clobbered together in 10 to 15 Minutes:
http://www.nachtkatzen.de/doom/d3_test1.zip

Now i need some things to know:
- How to do a door, normal and keycard?
For the normal doors i know that i need some space to where the door can go and that the door is a block that is an entidy(sp?).
But how to tell a block that he is an entidy?
- How to rotate things? The Zombie downstairs facing the wall isnt that good and the gun at the player starting point defys gravity ;)
- How many units can the player climb? (For the stairs)
- The TES:Morrowind Editor had a key to put items placed to the ground, does Gradiant has this too? Or do i have to fiddel that myself?

So you want to make an entity face a different direction eh? Look the box where you pick textures. See the tab that says entity? Click that. Then pick one of the 9 boxes in the left corner for the direction.

Nice slap together Bastet Furry, i dont know how you did the colored lights (have to take a peek)

i've never actually mapped (well i tried with Doom Builder when it came out but could never close sectors) so i was checking out Doom 3 Tutorials – Video Downloads

so here is my 2nd attempt at mapping, if you care, just put the file in the base folder and type
map hackneyed

its my room, im not at working on doors, cant get the breakable light in the bathroom to go out when i shoot it, only reason the movable lamp by the bed stops illuminating cause its tied to the light and when it moves i guess that pisses off the engine and it stops shining... i donno, god i have SOOOOOOO much to learn, not horrible i guess for 3 days of messing around and watching 2 tutorials.. i'll be lurking all over that site :)

HackNeyed said:

Nice slap together Bastet Furry, i dont know how you did the colored lights (have to take a peek)

It was just a "get back to it".
But in ~3 weeks ill be in spain for 6 weeks, Oliva at costa blanca, Camping Ole.
If anybody of you happen to be there give me a visit... my father cant deathmatch ;) Ask for Senior Stehr, we will be on the dunes.

If the laptop of my father ( 2,6 ghz Sony Vaio ThingaBooDontKnowWhatsInsideBesideTheHDD), mine is surely not( 2 ghz with SiS 909 GFX), is capable of doom3 then i can continiue and if not ill map doom2, layout with ye ole ZETH and texture alligement with DB ;)
I dont like DBs style of sector creation and creating a sector inside a sector.
I better live with the old bug that i have to create a dummy sector somewhere in the void and delete it afterwards.

My problem with mapping is, i begin a map and run out of ideas in the middle.
Anybody got an idea generator?
(And i dont mean that joke one...)

BTW: Got the monsters rotatet, after starting a new map o.o