Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looks cool, i'll give it a play a bit later, i always like new EDGE wads, even though a lot of them..well...suck, but the shots of this looked good

EDIT: Okay, usual list of complaints i end up directing at wads for my otherwise favorite port...

-PUT THE DDF FILES IN THE WAD!!!

-Theres hardly any height variation, its like a cramped wolfenstien

-Why is it so dark? (yes i a using openGL mode), i even vainly searched the weapon keys for a torch or flares it was so dark, but it seems it is just down to bad level design rather than a 'feature'

-Oh look, another chaingunner was hiding in a hard-to-spot niche ready to shoot me a point blank range..zzz

okey

1. i put the ddf's in the wad, but it was not working right!
2. it was made 3 years ago when i was 15 or so,
3. f11 is the gamma button put it up a notch, make sure
you have dynamic lights on as well! or you won't be able
to see a thing,
4. there not that bad, play it on and easyer setting!

This map is sorta underdetailed, dude. You should:

Try adding more techie stuff, such as computer terminals, open sections of the wall, revealing pipes and shit, etc.

This map is OK, but not great.

Thanks Darkhaven for the advice, what did you think of the lighting and would a flashlight be a good idea? did you beat the cyberdemon without cheating...

Or a good idea might be to create an invisible, ceiling-hanging dynamic light-making object and putting it 'on' the lights, to make the light spread throughout a room

And if you want a flashlight, ive made one for an upcoming wad i'm doing, you can have it if you want

well cheers Deathbringer, but i do use invisible dynamic lights
hung from the ceiling, anyway if you don't mind using your torch
gfx it would be a great help.

You do?, then thats why it was so dark, it probably wasnt actually running the DDF files, if you want i can try putting them in the wad for you and seeing if it works, then i'll send it, and the flashlight thing too. It works just like the doom 3 one, ie you cant hold a gun but you can hit people with it (does a little more damage than a punch), though that can easily be changed...

EDIT: Ok, i put all the files into my doom directory, i also had to create a blank file called EDGE.SCR (include this when you upload it 'properly' to the archive, just make an empty text file and save it with that name, i think that this file was phased out in 1.28 though, why does it need it?). Also its MUCH better with the dynamic lights, maybe one of the best-looking EDGE wads ive seen, though the level design isnt good the lights really make it gloomy and un-nerving. That Arch-vile was annoying though, and i cant really se how its possible to beat the cyber..but i'm sure some WASD-using doom god will laugh at that

Im glad you got the dynamic lighting sussed, its is a test map really and if you want to send me what you've done that will be cool, also the cyberdemon i can kill with out taking any damage, just make sure you've got the plasma gun before he turns around, and use the box's as a sheild and fire over the top of them!

btw, i was impressed at how well the dynamic light system works, little slow down and it looks great with real shadows etc.

"maybe one of the best-looking EDGE wads ive seen" quote, thats cool!

Also did you get the rts tips & traps?

Oh yeah, thats what EDGE.SCR does, i forgot to copy it over, so i didnt see the RTS, off i go to play again, heh

Hm, with the working dynamic lights it doesnt really need a flashlight after all, well the wad i plan to use it in will only need it for the first half, when there is no power...

Heh, i kept auto-aim on, but used all my shotgun sheels and bullets on him while he shot at the crates, then i ran out of cover and dodged around firing plasma, and he died after about 10 hits from it, then the door opened and i got away, into the badly-made exit (make the sky come down to the floor, rather than use sky walls, or just make an 'alleyway' that stretches away and turns a corner)

Might I ask how the Status Bar was removed?
Then I might be able to do a Doom3 one instead.

For my mod! :)

I didn't change the status bar, you have to press + or - to get it,
zdoom's the only one in which you can change the hud, maybe jdoom as well?

Anyway what did you think of the level?

deathbringer said:

I made one a while back too, it was bad (well being based on an even worse wad didnt help)

roflmao

It was a little 'Cramped' had the feel of playing Rebel moon... and I just didn't like that game.

All in all it's doom and it was a bit of fun!
Reasonable lighting too.

Oh, and uh... In those screenshots... the numbers n' stuff are still there but the hud 'backdrop' bit isn't...

HUD=Replaced by transparant image...

Or i'm guessing that.For the lower part of the DooM 3 HUD you could just make most of it transparant except for little boxes on the left and right.

-It was a little 'Cramped' had the feel of playing Rebel moon... and I just didn't like that game. //quote

-well it is called close combat, but im glad you found it fun. i will proberly just finsh of the exit and release it.

The trans hud is an edge feature, and getting the normal status bar and painting it "cyan" doesn't work.

No it will just be black, But EDGE will one day have a new DDF file to let you make new HUDS, to, say, display the other 4 ammo types, new kinds of keys, and other things like a picture of your weapon or mission objectives, so you could make the doom 3 HUD in that, but that probably wont be until version 1.30, or later

I will kill you, stupid idiot! Suck my cock fucking motherfucker. Doom Rampage

ROFL