Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
J-Wo

Doom 3 clicking sound

Hey guys, I'm experiencing a strange clicking sound in Doom 3. It sounds similar to the default IE sound that you hear every time you click on a hyperlink. Only in-game, it seems to happen whenever I move. And no, it's NOT my footsteps, it seems to co-incide with my character's movement but does not happen with EVERY footstep. Maybe only 80% of the time. It's just a little odd and getting a tad annoying!

I have an Abit NF7-S so my sound is nForce2. I've installed the latest nForce unified driver 4.27, which installed audio driver v4.21. I tried downgrading the audio driver but that didn't help. I have an Sapphire ATI 9600XT which I tried both overclocked and not, but that didn't help. My CPU is an Athlon XP 2500+ which I have overclocked to 11x200fsb. Haven't tried underclocking yet.

Any ideas?

Cut from a post on shacknews:

extract pak003 into your doom 3 directory, then rename the original pak file to get it out of the way. (It is a standard zip file, rename it to .zip if you have to for extraction)

Once extracted, go into base\sound\ed\player\steps\ and delete or rename step10.ogg

It seems to be a problem with that one sound effect. That way you can enjoy all the other sound effects and just leave that one out

If you edit your pak files you can't use multi player. You will gett a missing pak error!