Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mistertrent

Anyone get a Pewter Mancubus with Doom 3?

S1lent said:

The mancubus looks nothing like a succubus. The succubus is a really horrifying looking woman with wings that can fly. Sort of like a bat-woman. A woman with bat-like wings. It would look nothing like a mancubus.

Imps don't really look like what most people think ok when they think of classic hellish "imps." id wasn't really trying to be true to classic monster roots when they came up with the names for many of their stuff.

Ya I know, but classic imps aren't scary... A classic succubus would be though. A mancubus doesn't even have wings anyways.

I got the pinky demon pewter figure, I expected it to be a bit bigger tho.

Jomero said:

Wouldn't the name have been succubus instead of mancubus if it was female? Why do you think it's female? Is it because of the breasts? Males that fat have just as big breasts, you know. :D

I don't think it's a female I know it's a female. You've never read the game manual to Doom 2 have you?

The succubus can take on the form of a beautiful woman, and in its natural state looks like a hot chick with red skin and black hair with wings. They have nothing in common with a mancubus thats for sure!

I think they made MANCUBUS up, it is derived from INCUBUS
a demon responsible for raping nuns and impregnating them with demon childs, nuns would wake in the night to see the incubus sittting on their stomach.
(basically an excuse nuns used for why they were pregnant)

perhaps thinking this was a bit nasty for a game in '95, changed it to Mancubus and made it female as to further get away from relation to Incubus

obviously the band INCUBUS had no such concience, and have been known to rape nuns whilst on tour.

anyhow shove this one under the rumour file

You got some sort of Doom monster-figures with your copies of Doom 3 in the U.S.? Was the figure inside the game package or something? I just came back from the store, and I got nothing but a DVD case with 3 cd's and a manual. Damnit, Europe sucks.