Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
freedomtodie

how do you get wads to work?

yeah... how do you get wads to work? i've tried using a few and can't figure out how to get them to work with zdoom and all.... yes i'm stupid but could someone help?

Drag a file onto Zdoom's icon.
If answering such questions were dollars I'd be rich now
Don't worry, there were many before You, You're not the only one stupid :)

thanks... even though i still can't... oh... so i don't waste another thread with a question... is there somehting i have to download wit hskull tag to play multiplayer? everytime i try the server browe it crashes my comp...

Go into notepad and type

zdoom.exe -file wadname.wad

Then save it in the same folder as zdoom, doom.wad/doom2.wad, and the wad you want to play, BUT change the .txt extension on the end to .bat, then double click the .bat file to play!. If you want to play a different wad, ytou can right-click on the bat file and go to 'edit' then change wadname.wad to whatever the other wad is. Also for running 'older' TC's, with seperate dehacked patches, just add this:

zdoom.exe -file wadname.wad -deh dehname.deh

Once upon a time, long ago, back in 1997, I was walking in your shoes....completely unaware of the vast vaccuum of TCs which was sucking me up....

* Sigh * Those were the days.

I used the drag and drop method to open a .wad in ZDoomGL, but I can't get the gameplay to start. If I pick New Game, it just goes into the classic levels. I know I successfully loaded the .wad, because I saw the Nulspace splashscreen on the Nulspace .wad...I just don't know how to play it.

The only thing I can think of for your Nulspace problem is that you have to run it in Doom 2, not Doom 1.