Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jomero

Hmmm. Do Monsters Have Less Hitpoints in Lower Difficulties?

I've been playing on the hardest difficulty setting (well, aside from nightmare as I can't choose that yet). And I've been noticing that in some movies it looks like people have an easier time dispatching baddies than I do.

My biggest beef is that the shotgun doesn't feel very powerful. But in some videos, it looks like it kills stuff in one shot even at medium range. I am RARELY that lucky. I can usually only one-shot kill things if they are point blank. And on hard, you don't really want things to get in point blank range.

So, anyone know if monsters have less hitpoints in lower settings?

-Jomero

I noticed this too. If you look at any of the trailers with any sort of gameplay in it, you'll notice that the shotgun has incredible power and incredible accuracy compared to what it really is. I have to be at point blank range to kill an IMP or a zombie with 1 shotgun blow to the face. But when I look at the trailers, they do it from down a hall. Very stange...

hmmm...i still have to get the game to find out. Dammit, i can't believe i haven't gotten it yet.

Yea they definitely changed the spread of the shotgun.

A sawed off double barreled shotgun in real life has less of a spread then that shotgun from doom 3.

Even at close ranges, the former marines and imps survive a shotgun blast. You're right though, you have to be right at point blank to disable them in one hit.

Interestingly enough, I noticed that those horrible little spider creatures can be killed with two pistol bullets. And to think I used to waste shotgun blasts on them.

On Nightmare skill I can still put down an Imp with 1 shotgun shell. From what I've seen monsters take no more/less damage on nightmare than they did on Marine. You need to get lucky with the shotgun spread at medium range. Sometimes it's tight, and soemtimes its spread out and sorta useless. And remember the Security zombies wear armour. Per-poly hit detection... you need to hit em where it hurts.