Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vegeta

Alpha vs Comercial

Wich atmosphere/maps are better, the ones of the alpha or the comercial ones?

Also, is there so much diference from the alpha and the final product as in DOOM 1?

I think the maps in the final game are more atmospheric, but the one scene with the pinky coming through the wall will forever hold a place in my heart.

I'd have to say I liked the final better. The alpha, because it was an alpha, was very sloppy and not well done. I mean, I could sneak up on zombies and shoot the back of their head open and then 2 seconds later they'd get right back up. The models weren't impressive because they lacked detail and color (once again, it's an alpha) and the cinematics weren't very sharp.

I have to agree with AirRaid though, that Pinky Demon scene was very cool.

I obviously like the final batter because, well, it's final. But I miss the zombies that got back up. That should have been in the final game. Gibbing was a little overdone.

-E

The final was better because it was legal, not laggy, and it was the full game.

I really wish people would just stop talking about that alpha. Damn, it's old news.

I just play it to see what was changed. Thats about it. Besides, I bought Doom 3 so I think I'm entitled to a copy so long as I don't distribute it.