Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Raptor

What ports does doom3 use for multi

Please dont move it me and a friend are trying to have a 1v1 but hes behinde a router and im on 56k(AHHHHHHH) so he needs to open some ports so doom3 can see him and me 2.

Hmm he opened it and it still wont work, what should we do? his game isnt showing up or anything and i cant connect to his ip.

Im not on a router, He opened his port i used the console comands and used a few of his IP's and he wasnt showing up.

I know how you feel, I can't host either. Nobody can see or join my games and I forwarded the port 27666 via UDP and TCP. I don't get it.

gatewatcher said:

What a great port number =P

The original doom used port 666

You need to have Administrator rights to bind to a port under 1000 now. Most of the UDP games use ports from 2000-3000 now (most in the 27*** range)

I suppose there's the chance that it could be because you're on 56K. I don't know.

Raptor said:

Please dont move it me and a friend are trying to have a 1v1 but hes behinde a router and im on 56k(AHHHHHHH) so he needs to open some ports so doom can see him and me 2.

On broadband a good ping for doom3 is 170ms. You will have no chance playing on a 56k connection. Doom 3 is a broadband-only game.

Can someone please clarify what ports I need to enable on my firewall so people can access my Doom 3 server ?

27666 TCP & UDP (For Server)
27650 TCP & UDP (For MasterServer Heartbeat)

You need to open the top one for the server to work. You need to open the bottom one for it to display on the list. So open both.

Mogul said:

I suppose there's the chance that it could be because you're on 56K. I don't know.

broadband only!!! doom3, as far as i know, will not run on a 56k connection. so dont try! i am sure someone is bound to find a way around this but even then i dont think it would play well. if you have doom and 56k then forget about MP.

I have opened the ports on the firewall and still no luck.

What else can I try ?

Also when running in dedicated what are the command line options ?