Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Randy110887

Coop leftovers?

I was looking through Doom 3's pak files and found the creators personal .cfg files, I was reading one of them (cygnus.cfg) and found (bind a "clientVoiceChat voc_that_sucked"). It seems to (in multiplayer) play a sound file people can hear. I looked for other voice chats in the pak files and found them in "sounds\mp". Some of them seem to be cooperative messages like "Cover me", "Roger", "Prepare for attack!", and "Pull back!". You can find a list of these ingame by using the console command "dir sounds\mp". You can only use them in a multiplayer game with the command "clientVoiceChat (sound name)". Do you think these are leftovers from when they worked on cooperative gameplay?

I think they made some kind of agreement with Microsoft to make Coop play strictly XBox. We know Microsoft wanted them to delay the release which Id wasn't willing to do. Perhaps this was the compromise. You know Microsoft wanted something exclusive.

I'm just guessing.

-E

Yah, Microsoft always wants something to aid there monopoly...

Anyways, if co-op is being limited to Xbox I wouldn't be too surprised if a Co-op ptch was released shortly after the Doom3 Xbox is released.

id Software didn't even create the co-op mode for XBox. Vicarious Visions did.

Randy110887 said:

It seems to (in multiplayer) play a sound file people can hear.

Yeah cause there is Team DM. Yeah it may only be 2v2 out of the box but unless your twins or telepaths you need commutation. I bet when the 4 player limit is broken it'll come in more handy and once a good fully featured (legit non CD Key stealing) co-op gets released thous commands will again be very useful.

The 4 player limit was broken as soon as the game was out

Endureth said:

I think they made some kind of agreement with Microsoft to make Coop play strictly XBox. We know Microsoft wanted them to delay the release which Id wasn't willing to do. Perhaps this was the compromise. You know Microsoft wanted something exclusive.

I'm just guessing.

-E

You mean ID sold out to Microsoft and shafted their fans ? Just so Microshaft could sell a few more Xboxs to line their pockets. It can't be true. They wouldn't do that to their loyal fan base.....

Argh, we've been over this before.

ID DID NOT DO THE XBOX PORT OF DOOM 3. VIVACIOUS VISIONS DID. BLAME THEM FOR ANY XBOX EXCLUSIVE CRAP.

Or are you too busy trying to think up clever Microsoft insults?

It's not that it's XBOX exclusive it's the fact that ID finished the SP game which was their main focus and released the game straight after that. It might've taken them 2 months or more to perfect the co-op part of the game and it had already taken them 4 years of development to get this game ready to ship. I wish they would make co-op and release it with a patch though!

Agret said:

I wish they would make co-op and release it with a patch though!

Didn't they do that with Quake 2? They may do it here, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Agret said:

It's not that it's XBOX exclusive it's the fact that ID finished the SP game which was their main focus and released the game straight after that. It might've taken them 2 months or more to perfect the co-op part of the game and it had already taken them 4 years of development to get this game ready to ship. I wish they would make co-op and release it with a patch though!

Even if they did, a good mod for co-op will probably be out before then.

Cronus said:

Even if they did, a good mod for co-op will probably be out before then.

Yea but theres a difference between an offical and an unoffical mod. Look at CTF for Quake2!