Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aeroripper

I *LOVE* the new beserk mode!

Man they got some awesome sounds for that!

In the first one it was kind of like "oh cool, i can kill people with my fists really easy"

But man when he got it the first time in this one he sounded like he was suffering insanely... very dark but they did the sound effects for it REALLY good i thought.

Yeah, really cool. Kinda makes you uneasy when you hear it in multi-player too. Especially when you're not the one that picked it up.

-E

It's fun to run around with it in mp and watch people run from the screaming, but I don't like how they once again used stock sound effects for the screams. One of the screams is exactly the same as a scream used in RTCW, not to mention countless other places. How hard is it to record screaming?

What about the new teleporter effect? Anyone seen it yet?

The First Doom novel said:
Hey, Flynn, ever feel like you're being born again?

Yea i saw it

it was pretty cool

*SPOILER*

the whole tunnel of blood\guts\screaming thing (albeit similar thing done in event horizon) was pretty awesome

another note... special effects in this game were AWESOME! Very impressed with the hell warp... even hell in general

sooooooooooo many machines in this game... It felt like a scene from Terminator I at the end in some places :-D

I actually don't know when you go into berserk mode. Is it when your character sighs and his heart starts thumping very loudly!? If not, when is it and what does it do? (Fisting time?)

that signing and the heart thumping is caused by another power-up (temp. boots your stamina)

When you pick up the beserk item, the player will scream.

i also think you and invicible too. i have yet to get to hell, but i did find it on base. i know i took hits from a few zombies before a creamed them all. i am very near to going to hell. did the first teleport

Im curious, when you go berserk, does the player attack with the fists or the flashlight?

aeroripper said:

But man when he got it the first time in this one he sounded like he was suffering insanely...

Like the Serious Sam beheaded berserks?

Inferno said:

Im curious, when you go berserk, does the player attack with the fists or the flashlight?

Whatever you want, but when you grab it, it switches you to fists. You run doubly faster, see red, and have blurred vision. You would want to use fists because you can punch monsters to death on one punch, just like Doom, except you're screaming like you're a madman the whole time. Totally awesome. Worth messing around in multiplayer just to see it for the first time.

ive only found 2 places with the berserk pack. one is in hell, i dont remember where the other one is. it kicks ass though.

Dude! AWESOME!!! Oh god i want to see this pronto. Oh btw, since it's blurred vision and you constantly see red, does this mean its on a timer or does it last through out the level?

Ahh o well, it would probly get annoying w/ blurred vision and red screen. However it must be incredibly useful for it's duration.

Inferno said:

Ahh o well, it would probly get annoying w/ blurred vision and red screen. However it must be incredibly useful for it's duration.

Well not really whenever you get the berserker pack your immediately assaulted by numerous enemies and by the time they’re dead your helmets worn off. So basically it’s more of a "pick me up if you want to have a cool joyride”. Witch has its own benefits. ; p