Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zerodeath

Help install mods...

< I didnt know if I should put this here or in technical supprt, move as needed >

I tried what the readme said to install ultra_graphics thingie.
It said put the .pk4 in doom 3/base, launch game and goto mods and enable it.

However I goto the Mod list to only see Doom 3.

What have I done wrong...?

EDIT: Remove this, ths readme didn't state put goto Doom 3 dir, make a folder, put .pk4 file in it.

However now I got a new question, if I put two mods in the same folder, could I load them both at once allowing me to have the changes of both...?

yeah in theory, as long as they dont overlap, and by that i mean, xmod.pk4 changes the imp's skin to a clown outfit and zmod.pk4 changes the imp's skin to a ninja... if you run the Dir with both mods in it then you'll get a bunch of ninjas because that was the last pak to be read (alphabetical) and its change to the game are used.

On that note i can see how it could brake things, lets say a mod changes 2 things that relie on one another for the wanted effect but another mod over takes part of it so the 1st mod only half works...

Yah, if you don't overlap it works fine. I got the utral shadows, ungibbiler, and another body mode that adds blood. All in one mod folders I've titled Single Player Mods.