Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Black Hand

My embittered assault on doom 3 (hint: I’m pissed.)

The monsters really are all the same; they should get rid of Cherubs and those two-headed Maggots if you ask me. I expected the cherubs in doom 3 to be similar to what the Archvile was in doom 2, A miniboss you see once every 7 odd levels, and then I find myself being attacked by about 8 of them all at once, what the hell is that?!, that’s no way to introduce a new monster.

The imp attacks are ridiculous I can’t tell you how many times some crazy imp with the sex drive of a hundred horses jumps out of no where, slaps me silly and my camera spins around and tilts almost as if the camera man is having a seizure. I of course end up completely disconcerted and have no idea were I am until a backtrack for 5 minutes, in addition to that the corpses disappear so you cant use them to differentiate between were you’ve been or not.

Oh and who can forget “leaping imp hidden stage hand”, you know were you open a door an imp leaps at you and another imp comes from behind yea there’s your “impse” two on one demonic gangbang I’m sure all the pedophiles out there are loving that.

Demonic invasion or not some areas SHOULD be illuminated

The mancubus should still use a flamethrower “oh look everybody its another fucking random sphere of ‘EVOL’ energy attack again! Take pictures you won’t be seeing one of those for another 12 and a half seconds!”

The revenant should be 10 times stronger and have a divided by ten population throughout the game.

The imps should attack slower and their preferred attack should be the fireball.

The Zombies are absolutely perfect, I love them their really done well, excellent. Although the Zsec do pull the occasionally “imp rape” as I’ve mentioned above.

The pinky, they should have made variations of it, some with mechanical legs some without.

The levels should include some sort of compass that at least tells you the general direction your supposed to go.

When someone uses the PDA it should pause the game, “realism at the expense of game play” is the same as “customers pissed off at the expense of cash for your wallets.”

The demonic invasion JUST began how the hell did that guy already lose his arm in level one and why are their already a legion of Imps hanging around. (plot wise we can assume that they all magically ran down ventilation shafts and pipes or what not but its still bull.)

The weapon sounds are designed, like everything else in the game, to make you feel small and intimidated. That’s simply a load of shit; I want guns BIG guns with BIG noises.

The death animation for the games various assortment of creatures needs to be lengthened (to bad if your POS pc cant handle it, this game is for people with money.), killing monsters should STILL be a moment to relish despite ids plan of “Scare them shitless.”

Monsters like Hell knights should flip over like a freshmen being tackled by a linebacker when shot with rockets.

More windows need to be breakable more random objects open able more boxes and tables movable and more walls scratch able and mark able.

Anything that flies in the game needs to be slower. Cacodemons, lost souls, imp fireballs, rocket launchers ext.

Bullets should ricochet and have audible ricochet noises; I’m having trouble believing that the bullets aren’t simple trajectory like ID employees have bragged in various interviews.

There should be less sources of light but they should be more substantial (illuminate more efficiently.)

The flashlight should be brighter and have a much larger “Illuminate radius” Those people at ID really should have added a powerful incentive to using a flashlight, making it about as powerful as the lightening mechanism on my wrist watch wasn’t a very “bright idea.” (Get it?)

The imp fireballs should illuminate, their FIREballs, BALLS of FIRE. In the game their just orbs of light that don’t reveal anything. The imp eyes should also be illuminated.

The plasma gun should be surprisingly quiet while the other guns loud it just makes the gun more interesting.

Objects like weapons ammunition and other such items of interest should be illuminated when you place your cursor over them.

This concludes my proverbial raping of doom 3.

The imp attacks are ridiculous I can’t tell you how many times some crazy imp with the sex drive of a hundred horses jumps out of no where, slaps me silly and my camera spins around and tilts almost as if the camera man is having a seizure.

That camera man is your FACE which is currently the imp's BITCH. Deal with it.

I of course end up completely disconcerted and have no idea were I am until a backtrack for 5 minutes, in addition to that the corpses disappear so you cant use them to differentiate between were you’ve been or not.

Blood splatter works well for this, although I don't know how long it lasts.

The Zombies are absolutely perfect, I love them their really done well, excellent. Although the Zsec do pull the occasionally “imp rape” as I’ve mentioned above.

I agree, although they really hurt me more than I'd like to admit.

The pinky, they should have made variations of it, some with mechanical legs some without.

Not a bad idea.

The levels should include some sort of compass that at least tells you the general direction your supposed to go.

I don't know what to say about this. One thing you miss in a game that you have in real life is a sense of where you've been and where you're going. I think games should supplement with something but I don't know what.

When someone uses the PDA it should pause the game, “realism at the expense of game play” is the same as “customers pissed off at the expense of cash for your wallets.”

I call it realism at the expense of stupidity getting your ass whooped. I can understand what you're getting at but there's never a point when you absolutely need to get to your PDA asap so I can't think of a reason you shouldn't be able to clear the room you're in first.

The demonic invasion JUST began how the hell did that guy already lose his arm in level one and why are their already a legion of Imps hanging around. (plot wise we can assume that they all magically ran down ventilation shafts and pipes or what not but its still bull.)

In Spiderman 2 the doc throws a car at Peter when he's supposed to capture him and find out who spider man is. If Peter wasn't spider man, he'd be dead on the spot. Rant about that for a few ;)

The weapon sounds are designed, like everything else in the game, to make you feel small and intimidated. That’s simply a load of shit; I want guns BIG guns with BIG noises.

I agree that the weapon sounds need lots of work.

More windows need to be breakable more random objects open able more boxes and tables movable and more walls scratch able and mark able.

I'd say that for every FPS currently released.

Anything that flies in the game needs to be slower. Cacodemons, lost souls, imp fireballs, rocket launchers ext.

This is the "GAH!" factor. The question is, is it too fast to dodge? It isn't.

The flashlight should be brighter and have a much larger “Illuminate radius” Those people at ID really should have added a powerful incentive to using a flashlight, making it about as powerful as the lightening mechanism on my wrist watch wasn’t a very “bright idea.” (Get it?)

That eliminates the scare factor, no?

The imp fireballs should illuminate, their FIREballs, BALLS of FIRE. In the game their just orbs of light that don’t reveal anything. The imp eyes should also be illuminated.

Don't they? I thought I've been relying on the fireballs to see them.

“That camera man is your FACE which is currently the imp's BITCH. Deal with it.”

I would deal with it but my face is to busy twirling around the room endlessly

“Blood splatter works well for this, ALTHOUGH I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG IT LASTS.”

Then how in the name of satans fiery asshole do you know that it works well!?

“I call it realism at the expense of stupidity getting your ass whooped. I can understand what you're getting at but there's never a point when you absolutely need to get to your PDA asap so I can't think of a reason you shouldn't be able to clear the room you're in first.”

It’s a pain in the ass is what it is. God help us if a game a tool of luxury has luxurious factors about it.

“This is the "GAH!" factor. The question is, is it too fast to dodge? It isn't.”

Yea well technically I can dodge a 24 wheeler heading towards me at 120 degrees per hour does that mean it shouldn’t slow down?

“That eliminates the scare factor, no?”

It helps make the game repayable and it helps the player to check out the scenery

“Don't they? I thought I've been relying on the fireballs to see them.”

That’s because your brain subconsciously knows some trigonometry you see a ball of fire and you know that two inches down and 2 and a half inches to the right is a vulnerable imp chest. That STILL doesn’t mean that the fireballs illuminate, that just means you’re capable of basic primate functions.

“Blood splatter works well for this, ALTHOUGH I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG IT LASTS.”

Then how in the name of satans fiery asshole do you know that it works well!?

It lasts longer than bodies, and that's what you wanted. Deal with it.

It’s a pain in the ass is what it is. God help us if a game a tool of luxury has luxurious factors about it.

No, the PDA is a tool of necessity. The listening to files while fighting is a luxury I am very happy for.

Yea well technically I can dodge a 24 wheeler heading towards me at 120 degrees per hour does that mean it shouldn’t slow down?

Degrees per hour is a speed I am relatively unfamiliar with :P Tell me what speed "should" fireballs go? If they don't go as fast as they do now they won't be able to go as far unless the ceilings are high due to the arc. We could just eliminate the arc but then we miss out on a cool feature.

It helps make the game repayable and it helps the player to check out the scenery

The scenery isn't the same if every sector is at 255 brightness. In fact I bet it would look quite stupid.

That’s because your brain subconsciously knows some trigonometry you see a ball of fire and you know that two inches down and 2 and a half inches to the right is a vulnerable imp chest. That STILL doesn’t mean that the fireballs illuminate, that just means you’re capable of basic primate functions.

And apparently you aren't.

Wow - what a rant! I actually agree with you on most of those points, Black Hand. Particularly on the Imp attacks, their fireball graphics (very lame), and the endless Cherubs.

I also dislike the player movement (too slow and stilted) - I prefer the majestic "roaming" of the original Doom games. I do, however, like the weapon sounds (but hate the monster ones! Far too repeditive).

“It lasts longer than bodies, and that's what you wanted. Deal with it.”

Swing and miss. Actually no that’s not what I wanted, what I wanted is for the camera not to spasm and writhe unrealistically whenever “clawed” by some generic monster. It’s a reasonable request.

”No, the PDA is a tool of necessity. The listening to files while fighting is a luxury I am very happy for.”

Swing and miss, I wasn’t referring to the PDA, and in addition to that making the PDA pause the game when it would be up wouldn’t affect whether you can turn on a file then resume the game still listening to the file. read harder next time please

”Degrees per hour is a speed I am relatively unfamiliar with :P Tell me what speed "should" fireballs go? If they don't go as fast as they do now they won't be able to go as far unless the ceilings are high due to the arc. We could just eliminate the arc but then we miss out on a cool feature.”

Slowing the motion of the fireball doesn’t actually change its trajectory. (In a game.)You hit the ball that time but it was a foul, try again.

”The scenery isn't the same if every sector is <i>at 255 brightness</i>. In fact I bet it would like quite stupid.”

I guess that’s supposed to be an explanation on why “Doom guys flashlight shouldn’t be so crappy.” I think this one counts as a “swing and miss”

”And apparently you aren't.”

You didn’t even swing the bat that time. My point still stands the fireballs DO not illuminate and they should.

"I also dislike the player movement (too slow and stilted) - I prefer the majestic "roaming" of the original Doom games. I do, however, like the weapon sounds (but hate the monster ones! Far too repeditive)."

I noticed this too, at many points in the game while walking my "camera" spasmed and had me convinced that some imp was nearby, it was really just the stairs.

Well ok you apparently don't want to argue the points and would rather attack me personally. Well have fun with that.

I happen to like the fact that you can't complete own imps and I like how they really like to tear into you. Yes it would be nice if imp balls created more light but the fact is it isn't needed. If you're in a corridor and an imp fires a ball at you I believe you should be hard pressed to both get off a good shot and dodge. The flashlight was deliberately made with a small target for pretty obvious reasons. I like that I can't just turn on the lights and see everything, but at the same time I can inspect different dark places at the same time. Perhaps you'd be happy if you could do the little twisty thing to make the bright spot bigger and dimmer or smaller and brighter, other than that the next step is a floodlight. I really do like the enhanced camera effects. A while ago I had made a 2d space shooter where getting hit near the ends of your craft caused you to be both pushed AND spun. I was very happy when I first realized this was happening in Doom3 since it meant I wasn't just some immovable object to the enemies.

...camera not to spasm and writhe unrealistically whenever “clawed” by some generic monster. It’s a reasonable request...

So you basically think if you get clawed your head isn't going to move a litte? In reality you would be thrown back quite a bit and easily to the ground from almost everything that melees in this game.

I found the flashlight quite good in this game, I must admit for how futuristic this game is, you think the light would be a lot brighter. let alone not even be a hand-held.

One comment on realism and the PDA: in reality, if you saw an imp materialize out of the air with all the demonic fan-fare, the last thing you would be thinking is "Holy shit, I have to check some emails!" haha Put the fucking PDA down until the coast is clear.

Spasms?
I never said anything about "completely owning imps" I said I don't want my camera to spin around like a bottle top whenever something bumps doom guys leg. The turning and spinning affects are nice but they should be realistic. They should be "reasonable" for enjoyable gameplay.

Fireballs?
Ok I’m talking about taking advantage of the super advanced graphics engine not about necessities Yes it would be nice if imp balls created more light, necessary or not we’ve finally agreed that it would be "good" Witch is all I ever said in the first place.

How did you get the impression that when I said that the flashlights were to small that I wanted them to be floodlights? (Or otherwise huge sources of illumination.)

How did you get the impression that when I said that the "camera spasmed to much I meant that it shouldn’t spasm at all?

Your "points" were made floating on an ocean of guesswork, and that’s why I was insulted by you, I said one thing you heard another. I’m not saying that anyone’s to blame for that either. I’m sorry for the rude "swing and miss" comments but I honestly thought that you were trying to offend me. I don't want to create bad blood with other people online, your just as exasperated with me as I am of you, so I would rather forget this ever happened.

I did no guesswork I worked with what you said, and told you the truth of how your lucky the camera doesn't spasm/swing more than it does. Remember majority of these things are demons, you know things with inhuman strength?

I am not trying to offend you but if thats how you want to see it so be it. I am simply telling you my opinion on your statement. I never knew that became a internet attack or anything.

I dont have 'Bad blood with people online' if anyone hates someone else online they need to goto a therapist... Once again I am not slashing out at you.

Aww this was getting interesting and now you guy's are making up lol ok ok in all seriousness i can agree on many points of 'how this is, how i'd like it to be and what ID had in mind'

sure having my view run a muck when im getting sliced and diced pretty much means my death. Haha 1st pinky encounter i got off 5 shotgun blasts ALL while i was reeling and not a pellet scratched the damn thing, i panicked and didn't time my shots. My fault. I think an Imp must be as strong as a marine and when 1 claws me in the face its gonna twist my head off. If a pinky were to swipe at your legs, i don't care how tough you are your tumbling down, your not a stone statue and your not getting off a clean shot. Any less and it would make things too easy, anymore and we'd have a “get up off the ground” button. I'll leave that to Mechwarrior.

What difficulty are you playing at? Does anyone know if it even changes things other then how much health or lack there of is laying around...?

i too was thinking the Imps “fireballs” could illuminate more but their really more like soft glowing balls of plasma energy or something. I also noticed that all light is shortened, i shot out all the lights i could in a room and the ones left only cast light in a 3-4 ft radius. Now in the real world it wouldn't be so focused, it would also bounce of the gray metal walls and scatter more. If it did scatter then i could see the zombie approaching long before 'emerging from the shadows 5 ft away at the edge of my safe cone of light'.

In the Pitch Black movie (on tv a few nights ago) they had very hard shadows and Riddick would lean forward and emerge rather quickly from the hard lined shadows with great effect. The original Dooms had very hard lines and i rather enjoyed the effect, like the zig zag of lights in Level 04 watching imps emerge from and disappear into the shadows as they approach me, awesome then and awesome to this day but now heightened to the nth degree in Doom3. Yes i was sweating and hating every minute cursing as i walk through the maze in absolute darkness, but for the inadequate bright beam of my flashlight scarcely lighting my path let alone whatever my be lurking in the corners. And i wouldn't tried it for any well lite creep fest.

The PDA i have come to grips with, i've never been attacked while looking at it cause i'm a paranoid freak and always clear the rooms before i even knew the game was still live, if the game was like resident evil and i had a true inventory where i select weapons and heal myself then for the love of GOD pause the game(i've seen BAD games that make you go to the menu to do things like change weapons while the game plays on) but in this action suspense reality ID has crafted, you are standing in the room reading e-mails, the demons wont wait around while you clean out spam. Its not lazinesses or money grubbing on ID's part, or just to piss you off, its putting you IN the games living world.

You get a breather at loading screens and cutscenes. I like the balance between real and fun and feel for an ID game they have found that very thin line and are walking it proudly... now if only i could have always run on so when an Imp scares my hand off the keyboard i don't have to find the s AND shift key in my panic to survive, keep the stamina but let me hold shift to walk and build the stamina up...

Black Hand said:

The monsters really are all the same; they should get rid of Cherubs and those two-headed Maggots if you ask me. I expected the cherubs in doom 3 to be similar to what the Archvile was in doom 2, A miniboss you see once every 7 odd levels, and then I find myself being attacked by about 8 of them all at once, what the hell is that?!, that’s no way to introduce a new monster.

How are they the same? Last I played the Hell Knight looked much different than the cherubs did...They also introduce new demons with cinematics or flashy intros. Why should they take out the new demons? They're fine.. Why do you want the game to be so easy?

The imp attacks are ridiculous I can’t tell you how many times some crazy imp with the sex drive of a hundred horses jumps out of no where, slaps me silly and my camera spins around and tilts almost as if the camera man is having a seizure. I of course end up completely disconcerted and have no idea were I am until a backtrack for 5 minutes, in addition to that the corpses disappear so you cant use them to differentiate between were you’ve been or not.

Oh and who can forget “leaping imp hidden stage hand”, you know were you open a door an imp leaps at you and another imp comes from behind yea there’s your “impse” two on one demonic gangbang I’m sure all the pedophiles out there are loving that.

I think your forgetting that THEY WANT TO KILL YOU! They aren't going to say "hello would you like a cup of coffee?" or give you a heads up when they are going to attack. You want to the game to be so incredibly easy it's annoying.

The imps should attack slower and their preferred attack should be the fireball.

Why do you want everything to be slower? Can't keep up or something? Can't aim? Whats the deal?

What? Getting lost too much? Buy a strategy guide. id software won't give you features that will basically give you a straight path to the ending. It doesn't make it challenging. From what I'm hearing, you just want the game to be so easy that even you can beat it.

It's called realism. Hell isn't going to take a coffee break because you're looking at your PDA. If you want to pause the game, press Esc. They want you to constantly watch your back and always be aware even when you're looking at your PDA. You have to find a safe place to hide before you go looking at your PDA.

Did you see how many demons flowed out a gate? There are legions of demons in hell. They want to get out and they made it quick. If you watched the monitor on the first level, stuff POURED out of that portan and in case you never noticed the dramatic entrance of some of the demons, they teleport... Just thought I'd let you in on that, you'll see it on level 2.

The death animation for the games various assortment of creatures needs to be lengthened (to bad if your POS pc cant handle it, this game is for people with money.), killing monsters should STILL be a moment to relish despite ids plan of “Scare them shitless.”

So you want an unreasonably endless death because you managed to shoot a demon? Right. Killing something only takes a second, the only time I want a long death scene is when I kill something big like a Hell Knight or a boss (cyber demon, guardian, etc..)

Monsters like Hell knights should flip over like a freshmen being tackled by a linebacker when shot with rockets.

Why would a monster THAT BIG "flip over like a freshman" because they were hit by something as small as a rocket? I mean, they should get pushed back but to have them flip over is just unrealistic.

If they fly, than why wouldn't they be faster? It's only logical that something in the air would be faster than something on the ground. Just because you can't dodge it doesn't mean it should be slower.

There should be less sources of light but they should be more substantial (illuminate more efficiently.)

Dude, most of the base is already pitch black. There aren't ENOUGH places that have light.

Personally, I find these requests that I have quoted outragious and unreasonable.

You want a compass that literally shows you where to go. You also want all flying demons to be slower and you want all projectiles in the air to be slower too. Finally, you don't like having demons attack you. You'd rather they just sit still and let you shoot them. You don't like it when imps attack you and you don't like it when more than 1 demon at a time tries to kill you. The whole point of them attacking you is because they are trying to kill you. Basically, you're asking for everything to be so incredibly easy that even you could beat it. You can't dodge flying objects, you can't shoot imps, you can't handle more than one Arch-Vile, and you can't kill any of the new demons. Figures. Bashers are always the ones who aren't good at the game.

There is a console command to slow the entire game down. You can slow everything down to 10% of it's normal speed if you want. If you're a pussy, you can try that.

-E

Oh cool, like a “timescale” or something that i used for slow-mo in Coll Of Duty demos?

Now all we need is to get a respawn mod and crank timescale to 1.6 or something and we have old school nightmare! :D

i am by no means a great player at any game and play on medium but for Doom im playing it on Vet (Hard) cause i want all hell to rain down upon me, this is DOOM after all and i might just become a better playing for truly challenging myself for once.

I agree with the well said statement by S1lent. So and challenge yourself and live the experience ID has put together for ALL of us, nothing is perfect, there are things i'd like to change too but im glad i don't get say in it cause i'd ruin the game lol

i just hope a always run/shift to walk in single player patch/mod comes out BUT keeps the stamina! I don't mind the stamina but when i NEED to run holding shift falls behind in my minds track of where i am, the demon is, cover is, and my bullets are going... hehehe

that command that you're talking about would come in handy for taking screenshots or getting a chance to see the detail in the character's while still having enough time to dodge their incredibly slow attack... It would also be good for demos.

About the lack of fireball illumination, you might want to check your settings and play with some options. They illuminate a pretty large area for me. Large enough to cast quite a few shadows all over the place. However, I've noticed that sometimes the dynamic lights dont work properly when I first load a saved game. Objects like fireballs "glow", but do not cast light onto the surroundings. In my case, the problem eventually fixes itself after playing for a short while, but some others have not been so lucky. Perhaps you are experiencing the same problem.

Wow this guy is a dumbass LMAO!!! Hey dude, want me to come to your house and show you that when you get your ass kick by someone bigger then you your face endlessly twrils around like a spasm if i dont kill you b4 you experence that.

Howdy everyone, my first post.

I agree with a few points such as the flashlight should be better. It's 2004 and already we have LED flashlights that are smaller and more powerful than the one in Doom3. Just a bit unrealistic, but I understand it's necessary for the creep factor in the game.

The Imp's fireballs do cast light and even cause shadows, but it's pretty small. I love seeing fireballs rush past monsters in narrow corridors. Seeing their shadows rush along the wall is completely awesome.

And I absolutely agree about the Imps from behind. I loathe clearing out a room, examining each and every nook and cranny then entering the next room only to have an imp rush you from behind. Seems to happen every single room in the Alpha complex where I'm at so far. I wouldn't think a creature from hell would be so good at playing hide & seek and setting up ambushes.

I totally disagree about about the original poster's points about the speed of flying objects. They're right on with the original Doom I think.

The light falloff is close to how it is in Splinter Cell, just a design aspect in the game I guess. But it certainally looks gorgeous and adds to the feel of the game.

If the ashes from the imp corpses remained, it would help. I love the effect of how they dissapear though.

Get out of here with the compass, but the one thing it's missing is a map. The map should have a N arrow on it and help you navigate and orient yourself. Seems obvious to put it in the PDA, but it's not there. Unless I'm missing something.

However the number one thing I hate are the damn spiders (ticks I think?). They seem to last forever. I'm glad when they line up for me to cap them. Only two handgun bullets apiece, but they are the most annoying thing in the game especially when they get close to you and slash your camera around. Any self respecting Marine (ooh rah!) in the world would just kick the little buggers off. Strange how the handgun is so effective on them and all the other weapons are less effective.

The camera spin issue, well you shouldn't let creatures get that close to you and slash you in the first place.

I've got a lot to say, first ill get some of the more "retarded" quotes out of the way.

Raptor said:

Wow this guy is a dumbass LMAO!!! Hey dude, want me to come to your house and show you that when you get your ass kick by someone bigger then you your face endlessly twrils around like a spasm if i dont kill you b4 you experence that.

'

Really kid? With your spelling errors Id have to assume that you’re some sort of 14-year-old kidiot who simply for ironies sake probably measures at about five foot two feet tall.

S1lent I already have beaten the game, Although you did jump to a very interesting conclusion very quickly with no evidence whatsoever, tard, your points aren’t valid or amusing so I’m just going to respond to you with the same intelligence you’ve shown making them.

"FLIPPY FLOOPY TACKY TANGO!"

"About the lack of fireball illumination, you might want to check your settings and play with some options. They illuminate a pretty large area for me. Large enough to cast quite a few shadows all over the place. However, I've noticed that sometimes the dynamic lights dont work properly when I first load a saved game. Objects like fireballs "glow", but do not cast light onto the surroundings. In my case, the problem eventually fixes itself after playing for a short while, but some others have not been so lucky. Perhaps you are experiencing the same problem."

My settings are and have been at the maximum for the full extent of the game, thanks however, for being constructive.

"I agree. The thread starter is just whining. The game is suppose to be hard, dark, scary, and just a wild experience. Don't like it? Uninstall and quit posting. Easy."

What’s the matter did you buy the game yourself or did someone buy it for you? Or maybe you’ve just been anticipating doom 3 so much over the past four years that it’s slanted your judgment of the game. FOUR YEARS, longer then some of you have been alive, they should have taken every extra step possible, the fact that you feel that an improvement isn’t absolutely necessary and thus shouldn’t be done only proves your ignorance. No the game isn't supposed to be inferior and if I don't like it ill keep playing look for more problems and find a way to communicate them to ID software.

On a side note the game isn’t even remotely hard its WAY to scripted for it to be hard. There’s health armor and ammunition all over the place even in the hardest difficulty. See I’m talking about making the game BETTER I never said that doom 3 isn’t worthy of the money I spent for it. Saying that a game needs improvement in any of the twenty odd ways I’ve mentioned isn’t the same as saying the game wasn’t worth it or the game was substandard can any of you at least vaguely comprehend what I’m saying? Somehow I doubt it.

And Zerodeath its painfully painfully obvious that I wasn’t talking to you.

The insulting and flaming of other users has got to stop. It feels like a warzone in these forums. Any person that voices a negative opinion about the game seems to get throttled by a couple users calling this poster an idiot.

HOWEVER...

You can be the bigger person by not throwing the personal insults back at them. Up to this point I've been acting nice and just requesting that things become more civil in some of these threads, but people cannot have honest discussion without resulting to personal flaming and pointless posts, I will just start closing those threads.

Thanks.