Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ellmo

How many of You are still waiting for R-One?

R-One (RONE) is in progress.
Texture's are doing more than fine, and their quantity increases most rapidly. Thanks to addidtional coding done to ZDoom (dear God, I hope noone has anything against this), R-One will have uniqe "non-doom" feeling, and many new features, but I'll not name them here.

After we have something "most spectacular, surprising and breathtaking" - we'll show it to the community here, on Zdoom and WIP. But I just wanted to ask, how many are still waiting for this to be released.
So?

ellmo said:

But I just wanted to ask, how many are still waiting for this to be released.
So?

I am.

Does it matter how many people are waiting for it?
Would you abandon all the work you've done so far if it turns out no one is interested?

I don't think so...
So stop chatting and get to work!
:-)

m0l0t0v said:

Does it matter how many people are waiting for it?So stop chatting and get to work!
:-)

It really doesn't matter at all if it comes to the project itself. I'm just asking... out of one's curiosity.

Yes i am, i love system shock 1&2 and stuff like that

OMG another Shock lover! Yay!

but not zdoom thou!

OMG another jDooM lover! Hoe noes!

Cause i cant get it to run on my computer, its driving me mad! i've tried everything, apart from formating my computer and starting again, I'm not knocking zdoom its a very advance port..

Huh? Sounds odd.
Zdoom was (nearly) always fine on my box, esp. compared to other ports.
Normally you should just need the doom iwads (and maybe the doom bins), and the cab (don't ask me why they use cab...) package which contains all the stuff you need. Means:
zdoom binary
maybe a zcajun folder with a bots.cfg
a zdoom.ini
and an fmod.dll
(hermes might be static inside the zdoom bin)

I'm running the 2.63 on a W32 (98se) (+DX9) system and everything is fine. Well, it might crash on a very few wads, or show odd things in some GL-specific wads, and sometimes it doesn't like deleting saves from inside the game (esp. autosaves), but that's only since v 2.6x.
I'm using zdoom for years now and is my fav. port. So something might be unusual in your system.

Maybe you look for your files (if they're complete) and tell us some of your specs?