Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jertsy

What is that annoying clicking sound...

Ive just started the game, but keep hearing this annoying clicking sound when im walking... Its very loud.. Like move 2 steps "click" move another 2 steps "click"

Did anybody have this problem when starting?? or notice strange noises...

Thanks..

Well you may have a sound bug...or you may be talking about your footstep sounds.

Your own footsteps sounds were pretty annoying to me at first...but once the crap hits the fan you don't notice them anymore.

I don't think it's a sound card problem, the sound sounds like a sound effect in the game. I hear the clicking all the time. I just assumed it was an ambient sound, like dripping.

the sound is one of the footstep sound files in one of the paks. There is something in the tech forum on how to change it. It was annoying me too, so i deleted that sound and replaced it with another footstep sound. It sounds alot better without the click click imho.

EDIT: be sure to back up your pak if you change out the sounds, because I didn't and now i cant do deathmatching til i insert the old copy of the pak.... ghey....

Or it could be an Internet Explorer in the background. I've sometimes had certain webpages open, that does this. It's the same sound it makes when you click a link.
Just thought it was worth mentioning.