Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Raptor

If you dont like doom3, DONT RANT ABOUT IT!

Heres an idea for everyone who hates doom³, Leave the board, Uninstall the game, and leave everyone alone. If you hate this game soo much then why do you like to talk about it non stop and troll on thies forums? Seriously people, 90% of us here love the game(me included) and we get sick of people comming on our boards just to diss a game we love. You knew it was made by id when you bought it, you knew what kind of games they make, So you willing bought a game you dont like, that is not mine or anyone elses problem its only yours, So ill ask everyone who hates the game and only wants to diss it and hang out here to either start loving it for what it is, make mods for it to fix what you dislike, or leave, Thankyou.

I hope you don't consider my post a hate-fueled rant. It's called discussion .. this is a discussion board .. get used to it :P

So only messages about our undying adulation for the game without thoughtful discussions on what could be improved? Sounds like a level headed idea to me!

I didn't played the game, but I understand the people that are dissapointed, some of the monster leave much to be desired (cacodemons, mancubus, cyberdemon), the lack of baron of hell, spidermastermind, arachnotron, some of the early monsters (birdman), is a bad thing. I heard that the sounds are not the best. And so on..
Yes, the monsters that are not included can be made in a mod, but it's not the same. Probably id is planning to put them in a mission pack, but that would be lame, we waited a long time for this game.

Well, I understand your position, but it's not that simple as

Raptor said:

Heres an idea for everyone who hates doom³, Leave the board, Uninstall the game, and leave everyone alone.

A good portion of the guys (if not almost all) who played the game had to upgrade their computers in some way or another, just for it, it's so much money. If they don't like the game, they have the rights to rant it.
I don't like rants over a DOOM game, but I also don't like the DOOM³ fan boys who like everything of it just because id made it, and is a DOOM game.

People shouldn't flame or troll about it, or otherwise break the forum rules. But if people want to express genuine grievances with any of the Doom games (new or old), they are free to do so. This is not a fanboy site.

Edit: yay for simultaneous posting.

My basic reason for this thread is, Everyone already knows the flaws of Doom3, So why do people think they need to tell us again? ID even anounced most the stuff people are mad about way b4 anyone bought it, So my logic is why did you buy it even tho ID said it would have a flaw you didnt like, then come here to bitch? Im sorry, but am i not right? And its not a descussion once people start attacking each other and thats all the doom3 hate threads cause, I dont know if anyone feels like i do, but i personaly hate it when people diss a game on the games own FANCLUB forums.

Seriously, Make a thread section for people who wana talk about how they hate doom3 so we can leave our General forums for General stuff not flooded with diss threads.

Raptor said:

Heres an idea for everyone who hates doom³, Leave the board, Uninstall the game, and leave everyone alone. If you hate this game soo much then why do you like to talk about it non stop and troll on thies forums? Seriously people, 90% of us here love the game(me included) and we get sick of people comming on our boards just to diss a game we love. You knew it was made by id when you bought it, you knew what kind of games they make, So you willing bought a game you dont like, that is not mine or anyone elses problem its only yours, So ill ask everyone who hates the game and only wants to diss it and hang out here to either start loving it for what it is, make mods for it to fix what you dislike, or leave, Thankyou.

First of all very few people on this board have said they HATE doom3, most are just dissapointed with SOME or most of the aspects of the game. Basically were offering *criticism.*

Second, thsi is not a forum for discussion of HOW GOOD DOOM3 is, this is a doom3 forum, that is hosted on the same site as CLASSIC DOOM, they have the right to talk about it too.

This is not a fanclub forum

and your totally wrongabout what ID announced

ID never announced how linear the levels would be, how littel variety there woudl be etc.

BTW, Im still playing it and having fun, but its got serious flaws, and i find it disgusting that almost none of the magazine reviews mentioned them!

Im half way through(taking mmy damn time) and name one flaw, i have seen anything even close to a flaw.

How about instead of doing whatever the hell Raptor is talking about we make a thread called "D00M F@NBO!S 0|\| |_y" and fill it with “tubular” colors and pictures of people holding hands while cradling copies of doom 3.

heh

I'll close this before it turns ugly. Raptor: please leave the running of this site (which is not a fanclub, damnit) to the forum staff.