Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ZiGZaG

What is your favorite D3 creature?

clokwerk1945 said:

actually now that I mention it, if you go to hell, and use cheats so your not running like hell....there is a difference between the hell knights there and the hell knights on mars, I think the hell knights there are barons....they are covered in there tattoos including a pentagram on their forheads.. just a thought tho...

I think also it's just a different texture..And if you look at the creature run down of what is in the game there is only the Hell Knight, there's no mention of a baron.

i love the caco!!! it have the same effect like in the old doom

"WAUW it's the CACO DEAMON, shoot it" :)

but I really hate the arch-vile not that it not looks good, but it's just really anoying

Godshatter said:

it would have been fun to fight a cyberdemon several times, like in doom2 where u can kill it with regular weapons. then u could really appreciate the awesomness of its size/strength/power.

though it certainly LOOKED kick ass

I think Doom3 is true to doom1. In doom one the cyberdemon was the final boss monster, but on earth there are a lot more :D I noticed some other things as well. No double barrel shotgun, that ws also only in doom2 if I remember correctly.
My favorite Doom3 creature so far has got to be the sentinal. I havent had one turn on me yet but I am very worried about it happening at least once. I am going to reserve saying what my favorite returning creature is untill I have seen them all.

incubusspawn said:

I think Doom3 is true to doom1. In doom one the cyberdemon was the final boss monster

Cyberdemon was not the final boss in Doom, He was the boss at the end of Episode 2 of Doom. Mastermind was the final boss of Doom.

my bad. I only bought doom2 and played the doom1 demo. GUess that explain how I could mis remember that, I knew there was only one cyberdemon in doom1 though.

incubusspawn said:

my bad. I only bought doom2 and played the doom1 demo. GUess that explain how I could mis remember that, I knew there was only one cyberdemon in doom1 though.

What would be cool now, since id does have a mastermind model, (that most of us has seen in screen shots) make a mission pack and have the Mastermind as the final boss in it.

Actually you're wrong again, there's another cyberdemon in E3M9, the secret level of episode 3. :D

Epyo said:

Actually you're wrong again, there's another cyberdemon in E3M9, the secret level of episode 3. :D

That's the secret level not the end of the game heh. :}

Epyo said:

Sorry I dont think secret levels count :P IN doom2 there was a secret level with wolfestien bad guys in it, but yuo would not really put them on the roster would you :P

God/dess help my spelling and typering skylles.

CodenniumRed said:

The Ultimate DooM has many more Cyberdemons in episode 4 as well.

When did this turn into how many times the Cyberdemon was in the original Dooms/Ultimate Doom/Final Doom etc...?

the post above said the Cyberdemon was the final boss.

Not secret room boss, or in every other room boss. He was NOT the final boss in the original Doom. The Mastermind was. That's it that's all.

This is about your favorite D3 creature. Count cyberdemons in another thread heh.

My favorite boss is the Vore like thing

My favorite creature is the cherub

I really like the new Imp design, and their fireballs make some great lighting effects...I like the cacodemon too, but I think my favorite creature is the Imp.

Guardian is probably my favorite boss...

The manucubus is such a great enemy. Everything from his kick-ass intro to the pounding noise that is made as he walks.

Not to mention that the area you see them in the first time is perfect (in a fighting arena, creepy sense).

The mancubus and the zombies.. they seem to have a little bit more effort put into them.

E3M9

WORST. LEVEL. EVER.

Uh, and I'd have to say that the Mancubus is my favorite monster.

Hi hi, all. First time posting here on DoomWorld. Whee! =D Okay, first I've gotta comment about this one quote...

---------------------------------------------------------------------
E3M9
---------------------------------------------------------------------

AgentSpork said:

WORST. LEVEL. EVER.

Hee hee hee heh heh ha haaaaa!!! ** Yes, that map was cruel. But then again, that was the whole point to that map. It made you the ass of a very cruel joke at first, until the entire level itself started changing. Go id! =P

As for my favorite critters, I'd have to go with the Cacodemon, Hell knight, and the Mancubus...

The Cacodemon's much more frightening this time around. That chilling low-tone chanting sound that they emit definitely got my nerves racing when I was stuck running around outside on Mars' surface. Their crackling mouths in the darkness also look terrifying... o.o;

The Mancubus is just cool. I only wish that the bodies stuck around and became gory messes like in Doom & Doom 2; I miss watching the Mancubus' own body weight strip itself from its own ribcage... >=P

The Hell knights are terrifyingly powerful! >.<;; I always save the heaviest weapon rounds for those mo' fo's! Try jumping right before the Hell knight swings at you in melee - it'll toss you a decent distance! Whee! ^-^

As for my fav boss, it's a bit of a tie between the Cyberdemon and the Guardian. Both are huge, both look awesome, but what the Guardian has that ol' Cybie doesn't is the capability of being killed with normal weaponry. Sure, you gotta wait for it to start manifesting more seekers to get in your shots, but at least you don't have to rely on the Soul Cube to do the work for ya.

Out of curiosity, anyone got an estimation as to how tall the Cyberdemon actually is this time around?? I'm guessing it's around 40-50 feet, but it's kinda hard to tell, exactl...

Blurpy the RABID!!!! said:

Out of curiosity, anyone got an estimation as to how tall the Cyberdemon actually is this time around?? I'm guessing it's around 40-50 feet, but it's kinda hard to tell, exactl...

well I just took about 15 screenshots in god mode looking at the cyberdemon. I also went in 3rd person mode and got as close to his leg as possible. You are the height from the ground to cyberdemons knee. Then another height from the knee to the hip. About 2 and a half of you high is the length of the chest and a half your height is the head.

So...taking into account your marine for an average height is 6 feet tall. That is 5x6=30 so cyberdemon is roughly 30 feet tall.

Raptor said:

Well As far as the best opponet its the Marine soldiers. As far as my fav, Its going to be Cybie even tho i havent seen him.

wanna be cheapy and see him???
ctrl alt ~ god, notarget, then type spawn monster_boss_cyberdemon

Disorder said:

I love the Mancubus. I think id did an excellent job redesigning that one.

ditto! I also like the unarmed zombies and the Cyberdemon.

God Mode ON said:

wanna be cheapy and see him???
ctrl alt ~ god, notarget, then type spawn monster_boss_cyberdemon

Damn you. It would be much funnier if you didn't mention "notarget".