Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Darkover

Doom3 loads, but won't let new game start

Has anyone figured out a fix for this weird problem:

Game loads fine and gets to main screen. I click on start game and then a new screen appears that’s says Loading and has a bar. The bar fills a tiny bit (not even 1/4) and then the screen dims and goes back to the main menu! I have tried all of the different resolutions and graphic settings, and nothing has worked. I had this problem on my old system, and the new one I just upgraded to.

My system:
Athlon 64 3000
Radeon 9800 PRO 256mb
Win XP SP1

Any ideas???

Thanks guys

I know that users with Dell Inspiron8200 setups are experiencing the problem whereby when loading a new level, at some point you are kicked out of the game and into the main menu. Some other setups are experiencing this problem as well.

I believe this happens due to an error in loading a file during the process.

The file that loads erroneously for Dell Inspiron8200 users is evidenced by:

"warning: couldnt load guisounds.wav using default" as seen in the console after a problematic load.

Ideas Anyone? Im considering a reinstall... but if everyone with a 8200 has the same problem, its prolly not just the installation.

Having same problem

Game will start to load, then just dump backt o main menu, ive tried two different video cards, rebooting, reinstalling, etc, and still have the problem about half the time. Its incredibly frustrating as I have gotten near the end of the game but for the life of me cannot load it up to finish.

amd 1900
512mb 2700 ddr ram
asylum gf mx 4000 (nvidia)

maybe the problem IS the sound...

i do have the same problem, and after fading back to the main menue all menue-sound is gone

hopefully they'll have a patch soon

I have same problem, but only when I try to run the game at High Detail. Setting it back to Medium Detail (and remember, once you change the settings you HAVE to exit the game and restart it) fixed the issue. Basically the game runs great at medium detail, but won't even try high detail. I'm running Athlon XP 2200, 1 gig PC2700 ram, 128MB GF FX5900 video card. Also make sure your AA and Anisotropic filtering are set to application controlled in your drivers (display properties).

while i play i get that error loading gui bullcrap using default wav, i dunno, i got a northgate? no dell, but mine just stutters a bit when doors open ect, nothing like crashing or anythin

i have almost the same problem!!
the loading screen is ready then i get kicked to the desktop!!!

this isn't very nice!!!