Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
psyren

Need more music

Hey, anyone got any converted Dimmu Borgir? I'm sure theyd totally suck as midis, or .mus format, but like to hear anyway.

If you are gonna use them in levels, you can use a source port which supports the mp3 format but I think that's illegal.

Yes, I am sure that would be illegal, and I wouldn't want that anyway. I know I could convert to .mus format and use if I could find midis. There are some great ones I have found, the only trouble being that someone always tries to add some obnoxious instrument to replace the vocals - overpowering everything else and making it sound terrible. I suppose, without the tools to do this myself, I'll have to settle for the work someoene else has done.

I'm a member of a community for people who make tracked metal. There's a guy there called Cthulhu and he's made a lot of Mods that sound a lot like Dimmu Borgir. I'm sure if you went there (metallurky.tk - be sure to check the release section of the forums as well) and asked him, you could use some of it.. as a last resort you could ask me but i'm not so good at doing Dimmu Borgir like metal, i'm better at regular metal..

Thanks, Quast. I'm new to fairly new to ZDoom. (I only got it working finally, last week.) I had heard that it would play mp3, and midi, I just wanted something that would work in other ports. If I do anything source port specific, I want to learn about all the other cool tricks and not just music. Right now, that type of skill is beyond me still. Most of the time I play with music off. (until now I figured out how to change it.)

EvisceratoR, That is an awesome site! Many thanx! I got a couple of mp3s so far. Still researching the MO3, OGG, XM/XI file types. I have never heard of these before. I found a player for them, but want to learn more. (Everytime I download a new player I mess something up and takes days to get unfuct.) With all the mp3s I have, I don't want to screw anything up!

Still, that is way cool! (Might even find "Whiplash" or even better :)

Glad you like it (btw, i did a metal remix of E1M1 :P). But you'd still have to get permission from the creators before using anything from the site...

I don't know how much you know about Mods, but i'll try to explain briefly. In mods, you put samples (sounds of instruments) inside, then tell the player to play this and that sample at this and that frequency, and it ends up being a song (easy to learn, hard to master). One of the advantages of these modules is that on every computer, it sounds the same unlike midi that depends on each computer's soundcard. Also, you're not limited to using the midi sounds, for example, i once made a song using only the sounds from windows.

.MO3 = It's a compressed module meaning the samples within the file ahve been compressed (typically using mp3 or ogg)

.OGG = Just like an mp3 file, only better sound quality at the same file size (more or less)

XM/XI = A normal module file. There are multiple other formats like .IT, .S3M etc. They're all somewhat alike but vary in features depending on which program they were made in.

All these formats can be played using XMplay, from un4seen.com .

Well I found some great stuff there for sure! Your E1M1 is awesome! Never sounded better! Succumb to Eternal Rest is also excellent.

I upgraded WinAmp so it now will play ogg, and XM/XI files, still no luck with mo3's. (Guess I need to get that other player.)

If only there was a way to convert to midi, but I know it doesn't work that way. :(

Quast said:

zdoom supports midis. you dont need to convert from .mus

I'm fairly certain even Boom supports uncoverted .mids.

No, I want mus files that will play in any port. Project I am working on will require a port,(vpo) but I want any port to work, so I dont want mp3. And I found enough and with Midi2Mus, I can make it work. :)

Anyone know of any Slayer -angel of death converted to midi? Well, any slayer would do! If im not mistaken, behind the crooked cross is in e3m3.

Hi!
I only want to remark, that, concerning copyrights, there is NO difference between a mp3 and a midi-file. Both play compositions in which the composer holds all rights. Why do you all make a difference between these two filetypes? MIDI-files are not free of copyrights.

If I was to ever use Music that I did not create myself, (which I will!) I would never do so without giving proper credit to the artist who made it. I would try to ask for permission first, but I always give credit whether I get permission or not.

Ah, and yes! "Angel of Death" would be awesome! But I haven't found any Slayer midis. Please let me know if you do!

Plasmaburst, I found a couple of sites with Slayer midis. This one works: http://www.guitar.ru/files/midi/slayer/ Angel of Death sounds like crap, but South of Heaven is very tight. :) Another is http://www.metalprovider.com/hallsofmetal/bands/s/slayer/midis.html but I have not been able to get anything to open from that one.

Finding most midis sound like crap. I don't understand why some authors find it necessary to replace the vocals with some obnoxious instrument! Still I am collecting them and have a decent collection now of gothic and metal midis if anyone is interested. Email me psyren@easy.com and I'll set you up with good shit.

Thanks DooMAD, Quite a few Sabbath, Manson, and Rammstein tunes I haven't seen converted before.