Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Godshatter

favorite (real) weapon

mine is either the Barrett m82 .50BMG or the m249 SAW (though everyone loves the m4a1 (with or without the m203 grenade launcher is up to you, i kind of like it without))

gotta love the colt 1911a and the HK USP though >;)

lol, ak's pack quite a kick (for an automatic)

my friend has one but he uses this really shitty ammo from russia (cheap cold war era stuff- we only use it sometimes). it has this weird adhesive on the slug, binding it to the casing. so after a coupla clips it gums up the reciever something awful.

hmmm...that must suck.

Anyway, my cousin(the doom expert) and I went paintballing and we found a guy at the place with a giant paintball gun so we had to get our asses out of there, and my cousin was shot in the leg. He had a broken leg, and the guy paid us like $4,000 because he owed us it. I was able to shoot him in the ass, though.

My mass and appendages, under proper control and maintenance. My car, under my control.

As far as firearms go, though, I'd like the full complement of guns from the Matrix. Kekeke. I'd like a Desert Eagle (.357, because I'm pretty sure I couldn't handle a .50) for the sheer intimidation factor. Particularly, though, I'd like the dual Baretta 9mm 92FS's with some kickass tactical holsters strapped to my thighs. Less intimidation, but more functional. Wouldn't mind an M4, either. I know a place I can get one, de-automated of course, but I'd imagine it couldn't be too hard to fix that and de-automate it any time it might be looked at by authorities. Making my own magazines for it could be fun as well -- perhaps even design some kind of drum if it doesn't offset the balance of the weapon too much. Might be cool to own the full range of tactical accessories for it, too.

I wanted to be a military pilot when I was younger and it seemed such a glorious thing to be, so I'll pay homage to that and include some sort of magical airstrike marker that always has a team ready to go as one of my favorite weapons. Wouldn't that be badass? Some guy steals your parking spot, so you stick this thing on... Of course, the marker would be invulnerable to all forms of damage, so you could reuse it after what it's been attached to has been blown to hell.

WEAPONS are the foundation of FREEDOM, young man.

Right-wing/redneck jokes aside, I actually do believe that individual personal armament is a symbol of the power of the individual in this country (the US, I should probably specify, what with the Internet being an international thing and all), and a means of preventing oligarchies from exerting more than their due power over underdog groups of individuals banded together to protect the freedoms that they all commonly regard as important. However, limitations on ownership of weapons (labelling owners of explosives, whether they have intent to use them or not, or people with unregistered firearms as "terrorists" or "crazy ass rednecks" and forcing them into armed confrontations with law enforcement, etc) has diminished the worth of owning firearms personally. People shouldn't expect the government and the military to protect them endlessly, even though they are composed of citizens appointed by the people (or people from the population who enlist or are commissioned, in the latter case), because the fact that they are still human means that they have their own agendas and cannot be trusted.

Weapons are part of the American system of checks and balances.

Mallet that has barbed wire wrapped around its "head."

Or chainsaws or buzzsaws and virtually any gun that shoots "explosive" material or has an otherwise large radius of affect.

M3 Super 90 or SPAS-12. Gotta love shotguns =)

Oh, molotov cocktails are also nice.

I've always liked pistols, personally. The Beretta 92FS is a good one, as is the Colt 1911A1. In terms of SMG's, the MP7 PDW is very cool. For assault rifles, I've always thought the G36K and the L85A1 were pretty cool. And in the sniper rifle business, nothing beats the PSG1.

Nothing beats the PSG1 in WHAT specific sniper application? I think that's a terrible generalization.

Favorite SMG: P90 (50 rounds is a lot of personal defense, heh)
Favorite LMG: M249 or MG3 suited for the role (box or drum mags, lighter barrel)
Favorite general purpose AR: H&K XM8 soon to be simply referred to by the US Army as M8. Er, I could be a little behind on that one.
Favorite carbine, for purely aesthetic purposes, since the M8 will be multi-role with everything on it switchable: M4. I just like how all the attachments look. In video games, it'll always be what I choose, because it just looks damn sweet with all those attachments.

Is it enough to say something like "the one from Rambo" ? You guys read too much military stuff :P

I like that grenade launcher in T2, the one that you reload like a shotgun. Its like a sceptre of violent fragmented death. I remember reading some crazy ammunition specs for it somewhere, one of them was a grenade shaped buckshot round. Wheee...

Who needs to fiddle with clips and drums and magazines when everything in the room explodes in the first shot?

Danarchy said:

The penis is the best weapon ever.

Make love, not war.

Better yet make love and war, YIPPPPYIIIIIIIKKIIIIIIYAAAAA DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS! YEEEEEHAAAAAAAW

*isn't from Texas*

Apart from that vague political slander. That lever action gun that Arnold used in T2 while riding the motorcycle was quit uber, they stopped making them though, or so I’ve heard.

Only guns I have fired are a couple of glocks (9mm and .45), twas a lot of fun:) The only bad thing was that after a few clips, my hand started hoing numb (the texture on the grips are kinda rough).

chilvence said:

I like that grenade launcher in T2, the one that you reload like a shotgun. Its like a sceptre of violent fragmented death. I remember reading some crazy ammunition specs for it somewhere, one of them was a grenade shaped buckshot round. Wheee...

Who needs to fiddle with clips and drums and magazines when everything in the room explodes in the first shot?

(no the stock is NOT upside down)
that would be the m79 grenade launcher (later replaced by the m203 modular attachment for the m4)

Ultraviolet said:

Nothing beats the PSG1 in WHAT specific sniper application? I think that's a terrible generalization.

For SNIPING, what else?
* It has a high clip size.
* The clip is external, making it easier to reload quickly.
* It is semi-automatic, so you don't have to pull the bolt adter every shot.

All this makes it easier to snipe in a situation that requires speedy action.

ripsaw from Redneck Rampage

Danarchy said:

Make love, not war.

Or get married and do both. *rimshot*

WildWeasel said:

For SNIPING, what else?
* It has a high clip size.
* The clip is external, making it easier to reload quickly.
* It is semi-automatic, so you don't have to pull the bolt adter every shot.

All this makes it easier to snipe in a situation that requires speedy action.

Barret 50 cals will take the engine block out of a car, though. :D They'll also kill several targets if you line 'em up somehow and use DU rounds.

"Sniping" doesn't always mean anti-personnel.

I'm not debating that the PSG1 is a great rifle, just that it's not for all situations.

Bouncing Betty mines.

Spring-loaded, with a short delay meant for jumping up to your vital organs before it explodes.