Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Godshatter

favorite (real) weapon

I've only held a handful of weapons, and only fired two. Of the ones I've held, the TEC-9 was my favorite.

Filipino Arnis/Escrima sticks (26-28 inches), Jo staff (50 inches), Bo staff (either 5 to 6ft, currently just using a 5'5" pcv pipe), Daito-length bokken, Daito katana, Ninto katana (don't have this either), wooden tantos. I always though Battle Axes were cool, but don't have one of them either.

The atomic bomb, why listen and reason with people when you can just nuke them instead?

Godshatter said:

lol, ak's pack quite a kick (for an automatic)

my friend has one but he uses this really shitty ammo from russia (cheap cold war era stuff- we only use it sometimes). it has this weird adhesive on the slug, binding it to the casing. so after a coupla clips it gums up the reciever something awful.

Yea that shit is on all the old ammo. My friend is from Poland but his family is a Russian and his dad was in the army. But anyway he has all sorts of guns and his dad was telling me that the adhesive has a self-life and that shit was happing all the time in Afganastan. Anyway he has a late issue Ak-74 with a interchangeable firing mech. allowing it to fire both NATO issued ammo and Soviet ammo. Really cool only not so reliable.

Gokuma said:

Filipino Arnis/Escrima sticks (26-28 inches), Jo staff (50 inches), Bo staff (either 5 to 6ft, currently just using a 5'5" pcv pipe), Daito-length bokken, Daito katana, Ninto katana (don't have this either), wooden tantos. I always though Battle Axes were cool, but don't have one of them either.

Ninto? Or ninjato? Doesn't the term "Daito" imply the pairing of katana and wakizachi, or katana and tanto? I'm told the term means "long and short." So uh, your bokken, you want it to be longshort length? :D Damn language... Maybe I heard wrong. Also, are you using the term "katana" synonymously with "sword?" It's common even in Japan, I think, but if you're going to be specific, a katana is stylistically different from a ninjato, and if specificity is called for, this should be addressed.

I'd like some of these, though.
http://www.swordsdirect.com/practical_katanas.html
Not fully traditional in their build (read elsewhere, but couldn't find the URL again), but nice anyway.

http://www.mm2x.com/upload/files/MyArsenal.jpg
*IMAGE TOO BIG. CHANGED TO A LINK. READ THE FAQ*

Well my Fav gun is my Saiga-12 on the bottom left, Its a semi-auto 12gauge thats gas operated and has a 6 round mag. Honistly, my arsenal owns doom guys.

Disclaimer: I DO OWN THIES WEAPONS AND THE UGLY ASS CARPET!

Also, my special ops friend in the millitary has a Labomba 50cal sniper rifle, and a fully auto drum fed 10gauge riot gun that is modifyed to shoot slugs.

Oh and for my Melee weapons, i custom made from washing machine componets a battle axe (McGuyver shit eh?)

Godshatter said:

that would be the m79 grenade launcher

Thats my baby. m576 is the round I was thinking of. Apparently turns the thing into a 40mm shotgun

Well, theyre not really iconic in any way, they just reveal a strange obsession with guns...

But the axe is excellent

you dont consider a Saiga-12 iconic? Its in MORE games then the Barrett 50cal, Its just an AK-47 thats been refitted to fire 12gauge rounds, what more could you ask for? Its the most devistating of most of any youve listed in urban combat.

Since I've no need nor ability to own a gun, I just rate them by what they look like and how good the film was that they were in ;)

But your right, an AK-47 that fires shotgun shells does sound pretty crazy.

Then you have no need to even have your nose in them, And why do you say need? You dont own something unless you need it?

The MOST Techonlogicaly extream and powerful weapon every made was a square box with tubes in it (Firestorm).

Ultraviolet said:

Raptor: You spelled McGuyver wrong.

Didnt know how to spell it anyway, Atleast i tired, *FIXING*...

MaximusNukeage said:

Have you seen Dohra? The German gun that launches shells bigger then a Volkswagon bettle, and has almost as much power as a small nuke, but its not a nuke.

Raptor said:

Then you have no need to even have your nose in them, And why do you say need? You dont own something unless you need it?

You're just being needlessly retaliatory. You cant tell me not to take an intrest in something just because I dont share your level of enthusiasm.

When will you actually use those guns for what they're for?

Godshatter said:
I AM A MORON
I WILL NOT QUOTE IMAGES
I AM A MORON
I WILL NOT QUOTE IMAGES

Heh, I actually have a tiny model of that particular M107 model. Suggesting the model is accurate, I'm particularly fond of the option to load bullets through the side-chamber or in a clip.

Raptor: Please don't double-post or triple-post. There is an Edit button - use it.

chilvence said:

One should hope never, but weapons need be maintained, fired, learned... No sense living without a net.

Nothing beats the Iraqi Super Cannon!!!!!

Actually, that's not a picture of it, but it's in the same vein and it has far more ACTION than the real deal.

Unfortunatley they fired it directly up and it killed itself?

Now that i think about it, i remember the news story about that cannon, i thought it fired nuclear bombs and they where gonna fire one at "The city" where a war was taking place (actually that was tiananmen square, but i didnt know that then, i just knew there was two 'wars' going on, one in the desert and one in the city), then there was a news story one day saying "big bang", so i thought the nuclear bomb in it had accidentally gone off and destroyed it

i like the atomic tiped torpedo. a russian sub had some ready in the cuban missle crisis, of course we didnt know that.

my personal favorite weapon is the comabt shotgun(think duke3d). i wish i knew the model and maker, but it was friend's and it was stolen a few years back. i was actually the only person who could fire it over and over without getting a soar arm/wrist.

my favorite looking weapon is the luger, it just looks cool.

david_a said:

Nothing beats the Iraqi Super Cannon!!!!!

Actually, that's not a picture of it, but it's in the same vein and it has far more ACTION than the real deal.

The recoil force of the gun would be 27,000 tonnes - equivalent to a nuclear bomb and sufficient to register as a major seismic event all around the world.

Holy crap!

I remember seeing some Dateline show or similar in 2000 where some "military expert" was warning about the IRAQI SUPAR CANNONSS!!!11 He claimed it could fire shells around the world, allowing Saddam to strike anywhere on the planet. I think the whole idea sounds like a stereotypical comically over-zealous evil dictator plan for world domination (like the billions of utterly bizarre experimental weapons the Nazi's came up with).

chilvence said:

You're just being needlessly retaliatory. You cant tell me not to take an intrest in something just because I dont share your level of enthusiasm.

You dont shoot clay pedgion? Im going into compitition as soon as i can modify my saiga-12 to meet the new safty requirements witch are crazily stupid (Need to install about 30 new parts UGGG!!!!) And My SKS(top weapon) is for the target range and my little tek-9 is just for plinking cans out back.

Guns arent for killing, Weapons are.
And rember, 2 to the chest and 1 to the head, LOL j/k.

God I want a TEC-9. They aren't illegal now because they're some kind of super weapon, they're illegal because they LOOK menacing. They also make some pretty big clips for it, but I don't think that really factored in.

What kind of parts do you have to put in your Saiga? Hopefully nothing that decreases the usefulness of it as a weapon...

There's some guy who lives around here who's got an SKS, fires it out where we bring our junk -- old appliances and other such useless but cool stuff to shoot.