Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lerner

Paintball Doom Mod

I'm going to start a wad project that would make the doom multiplayer experiance into that of a paintball game. Really, I'm not so much starting it as I am proposing the idea be done. Basically, just replace the sprites with paintballish sprites, use some action doom style deh work(projectile bullets), and edit that lump that has the blood splats to have paintball splats. I can't make any kind of sprites, so I'm probably just going to do the deh work. Anyone with me?

If this project is to include some maps, count me in. :) Also, I can help out with some DEH work, considering some of the n00b mistakes I've seen in most DEH weapons mods. Also, I can probably create some paintball sprites for you as well as paint splats.

EDIT: Also, what color do you want the paintballs/splats to be?

Congrats, you're onboard. I think if you did 5 maps and I did 5 maps no one would complain. Also, make the splats rainbow colored.

I made a wad that made the blood splats and bullet holes colorful. That's about it. It was for zdoom. Feel free to use it if you want to, paintball.wad on the archives.

Dont forget to make it one hit "kills", like the real game

Also, for map inspiration you could take a look at paintball websites, and see if they have maps of popular, um, "courses", and make maps of them

lerner said:

Congrats, you're onboard. I think if you did 5 maps and I did 5 maps no one would complain.

Is this for the demo version or for the full game? If you are going to make more maps, I'm willing to help you out with 1 or 2 more maps.

ATM I'm working on a large "Sandy-Peterson-style" base map for this mod... So far, it's coming around pretty good. I'll eMail the map to you when it's done so you can check it out. :)

EDIT: Also, should I include texture alignment, or should I not, for the sake of keeping the original Doom feel?

lerner said:

Sure, let's throw in more maps. Nothing wrong with having plenty of variety.

Well? Am I in or not? And should the levels be classic Doom style?

Maybe when people die they could be teleported to the 'kill zone', and have thier weapons removed, so they could chat amongst themselves until the fight is over, would be more like the real thing than falling to the floor and staying there

deathbringer: That's a good idea. I'll make a sample script for my map and everyone can put in theirs.

Igor and everyone else: This is now an open project. If you want to make a map, you make a map. Also, they can be Zdoom, but can only use 1.23 features because this should be made playable for both zdaemon and skulltag. Both DM and CTF maps can be made, but we have to put them in seperate wads.

darkhaven: Texture align is good.

Ok, I'll start making some maps. I'll send them when they are ready.
It's not a problem if they don't have any special features, right?
And if you want to use alternate textures, just send them to me.

Hmm, for alternate textures, you might want to not use to many. We don't want a big wad file for the 56k'ers to download. Try to use as many of the original Doom 2 textures as possible, but if you absolutely NEED some other textures, feel free to put them in.

No that's ok. I was hoping you would say that. It's very good you're sticking with the old textures. I'll send the maps as soon as they're finished.