Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FantomBlu

Red/White Dots Everywhere

Well, I finally got mine working. I had to underclock my video card to do it, but it runs fine now. There's a program called ATItool which let's you make different profiles for different things. Whenever I want to play Doom 3, I just load the profile, and it goes back to normal when I close the program. Pretty sweet, even though I'm still kinda pissed about having to do it in the first place.

I had those ugly red/white dots. I read FAQ on ATI's web site (I have All-In-Wonder 9800 Pro, Athlon 64 3200) and changed CMOS settings according to this: http://atitech.com/support/faq/cmosagp.html
And I disabled "Dinamic Overclocking" feature as well, wich I enabled earlier.
I don't know, what did it, but, no more dots. And it runs smoothly with 800x600.

Hey. This sounds suspiciously like an image_lodbias problem.
Earlier on I posted a trick to get 8x anisotropic filtering quality without the slowdown by setting the image_lodbias to -1.
This sharpened textures on highend cards, but caused snowy white dots to appear on older cards like Geforce 4 MX 420's. Whenever you set the lodbias to anything above 0 however, textures and text become very blurry. This needs to be looked into. Also, I don't know if there is an "Image sharpening" option in ATI's video settings, but on NVIDIA cards, that has screwed up some graphics pretty bad in some games. Turn it off if it exists.

P4 2.28ghz
1.00GB Ram
ATI AIW-9800
So heres how I fixed it, I removed my video card and cleaned all the dust out of the fan. Removed my firewire card out from underneath the video card. Now the dots are gone and I'm even overclocking it a bit. Doom3 runs great now. I also did all the driver updates and what not. Good Luck All

Ive installed the cat doom 3 hotfix drivers and its made a slight difference,
Gonna try omega drivers to see if that cures the problem.
Also ive heared there are a few problems with SP2 being uncompatable with a few older games people like to play, bloody annoying if you ask me cos its only in doom3 ive not noticed it in any other game the guzzels life out of your pc,
I play Horizons and that a pc drainer (prolly more than doom3) but no white dots, (i might be getting the red ones aswell but as i'm colour blind i have no idea)
This problem is on a fresh install of windows with full updates to just about everything appart from dx9 im still on b so will also try the c upgrade.
will update if it works

changed my mind for now about the omega drivers but ive since installed dotnetfx from microsoft
catalyst control centre from ati and
rage 3d and the white dots appear very slightly, usually in total blackness.
all stuff can be found here on the rage 3d boards
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33779293

A mate of mine is running the Omega drivers on a very similar setup to my pc and has not noticed a problem in doom 3