Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Revenant100

Classic colors mod

Although I'm having troubles getting skins to load in the game at all, here's some screenshots of what I've done so far. Basically all I'm doing is recoloring the Doom 3 skins to match their original sprite counterparts (But I'm not just going over the entire tga file with a 100% color brush, I'm trying to make it look better than that). The lack of any resemblance to the original sprites makes this a bit more difficult, but this isn't a super-serious attempt at recreating them exactly.

Download Classic Colors Skinpack:
http://doom3.filefront.com/file/Classic_Colors_Skin_Pack;29404

Pics below.

They look really sweet! Your gonna release them right?
I especially like the Cacodemon, the purple mouth and the little spark ball complete the look and make it suit the red skin. The imp's colour looks perfect. Nice job!

Joe

PS. Add a big eye to the front of the caco!

Shaviro said:

This actaully looks kinda cool :P
The imp definitely looks better this way.

i agree! good idea man :D cant wait to see more.

Revenant100 said:

AN IMAGE THAT NO LONGER EXISTS

Wow, where can I get one? Great job. I think the Lost Soul looks really cool also.

-E

Dude... you're awsome...

BTW can somebody tell me the command to spawn a Caco demon, I looked for the commands on the internet and I found it.. but it doesn't work

the command that I saw was as follows:

Spawn monster_demon_flying_cacodemon

I've also tried:

Spawn monster_demon_cacodemon

somebody know the command to spawn it?

PS

Did you somehow make those two monsters fight each other? Because I can't get them to fight each other in game...

soo close dude, its Spawn monster_flying_cacodemon :)

well, this is looking totally awesome Revenant100. so are you going to maybe recolor the new monsters in the classic style? just wondering, i mean this is awesome enough :D

Imo the eye on the caco is way too big. The lost soul looks a LOT better along with everything else.

Haha, that's great. I am sure someone will eventually remodel the "classic" demons for Doom 3, but that's still pretty good.

I will agree that the eye on the caco is a little large... but other than that, awesome job! I especially like the mancubus.

This is so cool! Also, on the Cacodemon could you add that fleshy thing above their mouths (like where a cat's front whiskers grow out of)?

dood post a link for the mod as soon as your done, those are awesome. I would happily replay thru the whole game again when you finish. That is so wicked cool.... I'm in your dept.

Woah man, that is simply fantastic! I really like how scary the lost soul is now. The imp and pinky look fabulous :D

I agree that the caco eye is a little big, scale it down, but it is awesome. :D

Please hurry up, I can't wait to play with this lol

Alright, all the skins I planned to do are done. I don't really know how the new Doom 3 monsters would be colored in the classic Dooms, so I dom't want to add to the file size with my own interpretations. It should be released by tomorrow once I convert some things and make sure it works.

Really cool. Kinda puts a bit of a cartoony feel back in there. I guess there isn't much you could do with the zombies. How about the the doom dude? Has someone already yoinked the md3 out of Quake 3 and tried using him as the player model instead?

sorry to add to the workload, but i would darken the bottom portion of the hell knight just a few shades more because it still doesn't have that seperation of hues that the originals did...other than that you are amazing, and I praise your skill.